Original Sebenza P131 and how amazing CRK is!

End of last year or so I bought a numbered Original Sebenza at a french auction site for hunting and outdoor. Well. You know these things happen. Crappy cell phone pics, not really helping judging the condition of the knife. Positive seller description ... "presentation side flawless" ..... You take the gamble. After arrival I was quite disappointed about the condition of the knife. Not only a lot of dirt and gunk, but also many scratches at the lockbar side as well as at the presentation side. Btw. Graphics on these are done by Chris himself.

So I took better pics, sent them to Anne and Tim, to be discussed among the CRK team about what can be done. Anne and Tim came back, saying that they are quite optimistic to put it back into a much nicer condition. Only the few light scratches at the blade can't be taken off, as they cannot remove the old thumb stud without taking risks to damage the ATS34 blade, which cannot be replaced. So I agreed and handed my P131 over to them while meeting at the german IWA show.

Communication with the CRK team was amazing. Each step which they could do during the re-furbishing process was discussed upfront and confirmed by me. To my surprise they also asked whether I want them to re-do the anodization of the graphics. On one hand, leaving the colors as they are would maintain the orginal appearance. On the other hand I have no idea whether any kind of official or unofficial attempts already had taken place on the graphics during the long history of this knife. Knowing Lisa's and her colleagues unbelievable skills on graphics and anno, I decided to give them green light, being convinced it will turn out fantastic.

These pics show the condition of the knife after receiving it from the seller:

Original, P131, 01 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 02 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 03 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 04 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 05 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 06 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 07 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Okay. This is how it came back to me:

Original, P131, 08 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 09 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 10 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 11 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 12 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 13 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 14 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 15 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 16 by Jedi, auf Flickr

Original, P131, 17 by Jedi, auf Flickr

I am just blown away by what they have achieved at CRK! These things making this brand and the people behind it so special. They do care for their customers! Thanks CRK team!!

Awesome example of Chris Reeve Knives technical skills and dedication to excellence. And, that's one frickin' nice Sebenza!

As I said million times,CRK is the best!Great product and customer service.
Awesome catch on the original Sebenza.Congrats!

Thank you for the share. You certainly have a beautiful example of the CRK soul to be proud of. Enjoy - I know you will.

I'm right there with you James, I sent in a Stars and Stripes in similar condition, when it got back, it was a new knife.
As busy as they are, they spend the time to bring back a piece to it's original condition. I'm always amazed that CRK treats each knife that is sent in with respect and takes pride in their work.
Outstanding knife!!!!!!!

Very well done indeed.
Thanks for showing us the before and after photos James and thanks to the CRK team for the great customer service.

Anthony

I can’t like this thread enough. Bravo to CRK for the work, and bravo to Stefan for having the inspiration to resurrect this knife. Love it!

Back