OT/Traditional Kife Carry

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Lycosa, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Hi Gang! Who carries a traditional knife also, besides their Emerson? Come on!
    I have been shotgunning a AG Russell Sowbelly, worn in a belt pouch. I have just come to really appreciate a traditional knife, again.
    rolf

2. cutnprint

cutnprint

Mar 24, 2015
    I actually pair my CQC7 with my Buck 309 or my Case Mini Copperlock for minor cutting tasks when in public. I do appreciate traditional knives also.

3. Jamesh Bond

Jamesh Bond

Jan 14, 2007
    Ive tried off and on with an old Buck somethingorother. I always end up forgetting about it and going to the one handed blade clipped to my pocket that im familiar with.

I gave up.

4. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    Only slippie I have is an SAK. Rarely carry it though. Sometimes I have a buck 501 in a belt sheath.

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, guys.
    I'm starting to wonder... do I NEED to carry two folders?
    I dunt think so.

6. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    Come now Rolf, where would we be if we carried only what we needed.:D

7. PatMourin45

PatMourin45

Nov 18, 2014
    I don't know about carrying regular knives... but I usually carry a punch dagger on my belt for my left hand, my persian in my right front pocket, and a commander in my back right. And sometimes toss in a boker fixed knife on my belt for my right hand and a boot knife. Overkill... I know. lol

8. asdf12345

asdf12345

Jul 4, 2014
    I hate sheaths, cords, belts and lanyards. I don't need a knife, even a slipjoint or traditional, to fall out of my pocket in public, even if the chances of that are low.

My CQC-9 rides on my left and my CQC-7 rides on my right.

9. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, men.
    Welp, a belt pouch is not that bad. I will drop my tanto higonokami in there when I get it from Knifecenter. The Sowbelly is a stout folder.
    The pocket clip still rules tho. Just like the chisel "edge."

10. Steely Dorn

Steely Dorn

Aug 9, 2014
    I have a number of slip joints that I like to carry as a second knife but most often it is Victorinox Tinker. I mostly use the flathead and Phillips head but if someone asks to use a knife this is the one I hand them. It's cheap and if they do something stupid with it it won't break my heart. Plus some people are less intimidated by it than an Emerson.

11. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Yea, ^ pull a Commander from your pocket and it's raised eyebrows.
    I ended the day with two folders and a STR prybar on me.
    Bring it! :D

12. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Gang- I just got a Tanto Higonokami from Knifecenter. If you like a traditional folder, with a tanto blade, you need to get one of these.
    The Higo makes for a great back-up also.
    rolf

13. Johann Trollip

Johann Trollip

Oct 31, 2013
    My current EDC's are the CQC 15, Grayman Satu and Cold Steel Kobun.

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    You^ are a zombie killer.

15. JW85

JW85

Jan 22, 2013
    I always carry a slipjoint, often a stockman, along with my Emerson. One of the main reasons is my Emerson may come in contact with some rather nasty things. If I need to cut a food wrapper open, for example, I don't want what's on my Emerson coming in contact with my food.

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    That's ^ a good point.
    Some guys just like a virgin edge also. I used to but no more.
    Cool, my Higo has a temper line.