Our Manicure & Pedicure Budget

I asked my wife if I could get a knife for my birthday a few weeks ago. She of course said yes. I was doing my research yesterday watching Apostle P on youtube in the living room.
She said "are we too heavily invested in knives?"
I said "no i have skinning knives but we dont hunt anymore - i want to get a folding knife."
I talked to her this morning and said that i still wanted a knife and was she still ok with it.
I also wanted to verify that she did not already get me a birthday gift.... she hadn't.
I told her that I would keep the budget under our manicure and pedicure budget but would need ti know what was spent in 2018.......
Crickets.....
My budget is now about $750 and I would like to get three knives.
A copper or brass folder something akin to the zt 640 on usamadeblades.com
A gentleman folder akin to the Benchmade lerch impel or protech newport.
A hard use knife that can replace my skinning knives.

Any suggestions are welcome...

my wife bro...not me
She took my daughter and cousins out for mannies and peddies a few weeks ago. It was $400 bones

Nah bro i dont do mannies and peddies....The $400 was in addition to whatever was spent on her and my daughters trips which is about $100 a trip.

I asked my wife if I could get a knife for my birthday a few weeks ago. She of course said yes. I was doing my research yesterday watching Apostle P on youtube in the living room.
She said "are we too heavily invested in knives?"
I said "no i have skinning knives but we dont hunt anymore - i want to get a folding knife."
I talked to her this morning and said that i still wanted a knife and was she still ok with it.
I also wanted to verify that she did not already get me a birthday gift.... she hadn't.
I told her that I would keep the budget under our manicure and pedicure budget but would need ti know what was spent in 2018.......
Crickets.....
My budget is now about $750 and I would like to get three knives.
A copper or brass folder something akin to the zt 640 on usamadeblades.com
A gentleman folder akin to the Benchmade lerch impel or protech newport.
A hard use knife that can replace my skinning knives.

Any suggestions are welcome...
LOL :D

Good work, brother, enjoy! :thumbsup:

is he frowned upon on the forums? ive bern out of the knife world for 10 years. seems like a great guy to me...
Definitely some not so friendly sentiments towards him floating around the boards. Not saying that in a positive or negative light, it just is what it is.

That 640 is a good looking knife, I like the 470 myself. If the patina/corrosion is not your thing you could probably get a titanium knife anodized to a bronze color and not have to worry about it.

If you are OK with a higher dollar knife check out Chris Reeve knives. Never had or held one but they seem really nice and super refined.

If you are looking for a hard use knife I would say stay fixed blade for sure. I wouldn't go super expensive on a knife you plan to beat on. The Kabar Becker knives are popular around here, they are affordable and are made for real world hard use. They are made of 1095 Cro-Van steel which can rust so a little extra care may be necessary.

is he frowned upon on the forums? ive bern out of the knife world for 10 years. seems like a great guy to me...

Welcome txcost. I find two of the most popular YouTube "reviewers" a waste of digital space. I do like Gideon's Tactical and Cedric and Ada.

If you're open to something a little different in the Gentleman's Folder category, might I suggest something like a Chambriard Compact, Lionsteel Roundhead, maybe something from Fontelle-Pataud, Great Eastern Cutlery, or even the humble Case offerings? Not clipped, often slip joints, but classy, beautiful and to me, fit the category quite well.

At any rate, please let us know what you decide. Also, do you sharpen? If not, maybe divert some allocation to that venture?

Oy Gevalt! If I tried that with my wife, my knife budget would be toss-all...wait a minute, my knife budget is toss-all.

Anyway, I have a Benchmade Impel and I find it to be a darling little knife. It's actually quite useful despite its diminutive size.

Welcome txcost. I find two of the most popular YouTube "reviewers" a waste of digital space. I do like Gideon's Tactical and Cedric and Ada.

If you're open to something a little different in the Gentleman's Folder category, might I suggest something like a Chambriard Compact, Lionsteel Roundhead, maybe something from Fontelle-Pataud, Great Eastern Cutlery, or even the humble Case offerings? Not clipped, often slip joints, but classy, beautiful and to me, fit the category quite well.

At any rate, please let us know what you decide. Also, do you sharpen? If not, maybe divert some allocation to that venture?
I will check those reviewers and specific knives out. Thanks for the tip. I would be more inclined to have my knives sharpened professionally.

Nice score!! Happy shopping!!!

If I were in your shoes, today, I'd get a nice small sebenza,maybe w/ an inlay, for all gentleman and casual duties like a nice night out with the wife, (after one of her manni-pedi's)...

A classic Buck 110, in classic 420hc steel, for those hard use duties; 110 in my experience is the closest thing you can get to a folding fixed blade: tough as nails, great warranty (just in case), easy to touch up, and affordable enough to replace without tears...
(They even have a 110lt for lighter weight, or the 112 for something a bit smaller... 112slims is lightweight AND has a pocket clip).

And still have a good chunk left over for a modern folder that suits your tastes, like a ZT or something you got your eye on.

Last edited:
Wow, the Apostle P strikes me as a nice enough guy in his videos...what did he do to get banned? Link?
My bad. Not banned. Just made a horse's butt out of himself here several times You can search his posts. Screen name TheApostleP.

Lol my old thread on apostle p...

Back