(Owner Found!) Lost a Sebenza Recently?

The Owner Has Been Found! Check my latest post in this thread for more information.

Jeff's Video is Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-sSKshN9no. This was really awesome of him to do, thanks Jeff!

Hello,

A friend of mine had found a Sebenza recently. I am not an expert on identification but it is absolutely a CRK, I am 100% certain of this. I am also withholding information for security purposes. I will give you the general region and month that this knife was found.

Region: Northern Virginia, USA
Month: June, 2013

If you think this could be your Sebenza, send me a private message elaborating on the following information as evidence of ownership:

• Where and when you think you lost it (store, parking lot, trail, etc.)
  • Model and Size of Sebenza (large or small)
  • Material and Color of Handle
  • Lock type
  • Wear/Use marks
  • Any other unique marks or accessories

(pictures not required but could be helpful)

If I think you're legit, we can arrange to either meet or have the knife shipped. Free of charge for you, of course. I just want to return a fellow enthusiast's treasured Sebenza :]

That being said, I can't hold on to it forever. I'll wait a week for any response or leads. By Sunday, July 7, if nothing of significance is noted, I'll ask Jeff aka cutlerylover to post a PSA and wait another week after he posts the video (which I think he will). If that garners nothing, then I will have no choice but to sell it, likely to other BF members.

As a note, I've been banned from KnifeForums for using an IP masking browser. The apparent IP is randomized and landed on an unwelcome number so... I can't post there anymore :p But if anyone who has a working account would like to link here, that would be appreciated and would broaden the contacts.

Thank you for your time,
~DH

Edit 1: Corrected notice-by date to the proper Sunday.

Last edited:

DallasSTB

Gold Member
I know that Fooj lost one, but I think it was in Idaho. I'll shoot him a message. Very righteous act, my friend. :thumbup:

Good Karma.

Idea: If you don't find the owner, hold a raffle for it at $5/ticket and donate ALL proceeds to your local food bank.

(( If anyone might think to raffle it here, please don't unless you get Spark's approval first. ))

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxx

Even though it was years ago, on the off chance that this one is it...

MORIMOTOM lost a unique graphic bg42 Sebenza in a cab (he thinks) on a visit to the Washington D.C. metro area in '08, while attending National Police Week. I have no description of it, but if it possibly matches, please reach out to him. He's not on here so much these days, I think, so if you think that this one may match his well loved, and probably still missed Seb, please let me know (without details of course), and I'll get a hold of him so he can describe his to you.

His post:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/555910-hey-all!?p=5622240#post5622240

Whether his or not, thank you for trying to reunite a good knife with its rightful owner!!! :):thumbup:

I had a small unique/Damascus stolen off my porch several years ago. I doubt it ended up in Virginia tho.

Lone_Wolfe

Dazed and Confused
Platinum Member
Good on you for trying to return it to it's rightful owner!

:thumbup:Mighty kind of DemonHide to go out of his way in an attempt to reunite, what he knows to be more than "just a knife", to the owner. 2 thumbs up to you my friend.:thumbup:

Even though it was years ago, on the off chance that this one is it...

MORIMOTOM lost a unique graphic bg42 Sebenza in a cab (he thinks) on a visit to the Washington D.C. metro area in '08, while attending National Police Week. I have no description of it, but if it possibly matches, please reach out to him. He's not on here so much these days, I think, so if you think that this one may match his well loved, and probably still missed Seb, please let me know (without details of course), and I'll get a hold of him so he can describe his to you.

His post:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/555910-hey-all!?p=5622240#post5622240

Whether his or not, thank you for trying to reunite a good knife with its rightful owner!!! :):thumbup:

Thx Alex, I sent him an email.

If it is indeed mine, it's nothing short of a small miracle.

Jaxx

Thx Alex, I sent him an email.

If it is indeed mine, it's nothing short of a small miracle.

Mark, he replied to an email I sent. Don't think it's yours, but I hope that I'm wrong. It would be cool as heck to see you reunited with your Seb after all this time.

Jaxx

I'll post a thread on the USN, but I can't link it back here.
Will copy/paste the post and contact you via your email with any hits for you to respond to. :thumbup:

I'll post a thread on the USN, but I can't link it back here.
Will copy/paste the post and contact you via your email with any hits for you to respond to. :thumbup:

Back at ya :thumbup: Thanks for going the extra mile, Jaxx.

Deamon Hide,

Good on you sir! Much respect!

I checked a thread I remembered from a while ago, but it was the wrong area. I hope you find the owner!

Mark, he replied to an email I sent. Don't think it's yours, but I hope that I'm wrong. It would be cool as heck to see you reunited with your Seb after all this time.

Wasn't mine, real long shot considering the time frame.

Thx for looking out for me.