Pacific Serrated or plain edge

So I order a Pacific plain edge. I get shipped a partially serrated version. So I got the return shipping label emailed to me for a return and exchange. Now, I've always been anti serrated. IveI owned one serrated blade my whole life and it was a spydie police fully serrated. My opinion has always been plain edge is the best all around edge. These serrations seem like a better design. I'm kinda of drawn to it, really growing on me, kinda of thinking about keeping the knife. Anybody have any real life use experience with the serrated Pacific model and what's your opinions?

Keep it, CRK serrations are like no others.... the fact that you're having second thoughts should seal the deal!

Eh, I’d send it back. I’ve owned several serrated and partially serrated knives and I prefer plain by far

I don't have a Pacific , but I do have three 21's with partially serrated blades. They're easy to sharpen and do help in most tasks. It's one of the few serrated designs I like and can sharpen the flats with a slightly wider stone.

For what it is, the serrations fit the bill.
It depends on your intended use.
The serrations make it more versatile, as the blade has a certain thickness (by intent).
I love my GB with serrations.

I had with serrations and went back to no serrations. I think for a real all-purpose fixed blade serrations are good, but I'm not having to cut much cordage or ropes & straps so that's why I now go without serrations. Serrations are kind of application-specific.

In the end it's the situations and applications you see yourself using it for.

Back