Package Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by cjr7, May 6, 2013.

1. cjr7

cjr7

Mar 26, 2012
    Well here she is. I'm excited to EDC this bad boy for a few days and see how I like it. On first exam I noticed that it already has a little of what looks to be corrosion right out of the box. Hard to get a good picture of it, but you see those little brown spots at about 4 and 5 o'clock outside the round hole in the handle?? There is another spot like that just a little ways forward from that on the handle and one more on the spine of the blade (not pictured). Oh well, I guess. My other D2 knives from a different manufacturer rusted as well, I was hoping for different luck this time. Regardless, it seems like a really nice knife. I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

[​IMG]

Now as far as this v80 stuff that tomars threw in the box. Anybody know anything about it or have experience with it? Its the first I've seen of it.

2. tfields

tfields

Apr 15, 2012
    congtrats on the bk24 i need me one too!!

3. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    Congrats on the new BK24! Nice blade, I love my 14, it goes everywhere with me.

Personally I wouldn't sweat the spots. Once you start using it then it'll start showing signs of wear and tear. It's a tool and a companion, not a showpiece for a glass case (unless that was your intention), so don't even worry about it. My blades (and my guns) are tools, so they get used and show it. Over the years these marks and battle scars give it personality. :)

4. FAL'ER

FAL'ER Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Gotta get me one of those bad boys.

5. cjr7

cjr7

Mar 26, 2012
    I hear ya. I use my knives and know they'll have many memory marks by the time I'm done with them. I was just hopeful that the D2 would be somewhat corrosion resistant. I didn't expect to see corrosion on a new in box knife and was a little disappointed. Still really like the knife though.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  6. Tbaggin

Tbaggin

Apr 29, 2012
    My 24 had some spots on arrival as well. It seems to fade away and the knife doesn't want to show anymore. That's not an edc blade either. Enjoy the little beast!