Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really nice. I've been on a traditional kick lately but need to free up some funds first. I've been getting some old ones that need cleaning to hold me a off. I have a pif im receiving and sending. Then ill be putting up a hinderer scale and some hardware. Hopefully some one can use .

It's all yours. Post up a PIF, and PM me your address and I'll get it headed your way.
Got the Romper today! Wow. I am really impressed with the whole package. The grip fills the hand, the sheath has a tight fit and is made of decent leather... awesome PIF. Thank you so much for sending it to me!

My squirt showed up today. He's a cute little booger. Here he is next to the wave I picked up a while back in this forum.

KLDLshGl.jpg

I received the steel will from wroughndt. It is actually a good size and has a good grip. This is going to be a great camp kitchen knife. 6 inch blade full flat grind. I'm in the process of getting the kizer to Chris still. Of course these dam post offices have lines out the door.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
  2. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  3. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  4. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  5. le thiers & wenger from @rob308 #765
  6. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  7. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from @sabre cat post #820
  8. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  9. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  10. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  11. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  12. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  13. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  14. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  15. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
  16. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
  17. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post # 1556
  18. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post # 1563
  19. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from @sabre cat post #1590
  20. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkins post #1608
  21. Bear and Son 3 1/2 Stag Delrin Trapper from @Pearly_Baker post #1730
  22. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexander post #1748
  23. SOG Vulcan from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1807
  24. Kershaw amphibian from J jaseman post #1855
  25. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20 monocular/microscope from @WValtakis post #1876
  26. Android tattooed tiger 50 mm automatic watch from @Methuselah post #1895
  27. Spyderco Moran fixed from @fishiker post #1922
  28. Buck Paklite Caper w/ custom sheath from @bralexander post #1952
  29. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5, CRKT Lake 111, Kershaw Shuffle, & Byrd Meadowlark 2 G10 from @Chris Still post #1961
  30. Block of Ebony wood from @needler420 post #2003 & 2023
  31. Case Russ lock with belt sheath from @gonebad395 post #2041
  32. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman from wroughndt wroughndt post #2073
  33. Free sharpening on wicked edge from @Bobadilla004 post #2068
  34. buck 110 offered by @chuck4570 post #2076 and 2150
  35. Basic membership from @Earl1 post #2077
  36. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiO E12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Fire stick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips from @WillB post #2115
  37. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel from @joeldworkin307 post #2117
  38. Ferro rods made by @Redbusa06 post #2163
  39. *Buck lockback and Gerber multitool *only available to a youth in need of some tools. Can be gifted for a prize to an event for kids. @chuck4570 post #2179
  40. Cold steel battle shades by @Meshach post #2188
  41. Spyderco endura, saber ground from @blades&wrenches post #2242
  42. Gerber Dime, CRKT lake kickback, Coldsteel voyager, Rolling stones DVD 2CD combo from BellaBlades BellaBlades post #2267
  43. D2 hunter with convex grind from DP knives from bikerector bikerector post #2278
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 12/18/18 4:30AM EST​

I’d like to pay it forward as I feel I have received a wealth of knowledge and great conversation from the people of this forum. I enjoy coming to share pictures and thoughts and to be challenged and schooled. With that said I’d like to offer my user iisakki järvenpää ball pommel puukko. I ask for nothing in return only that the recipient get outdoors and use this knife as it was intended and report back with pics! Shipping’s on me anywhere in the USA. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!
KytHOcu.jpg

I’d like to pay it forward as I feel I have received a wealth of knowledge and great conversation from the people of this forum. I enjoy coming to share pictures and thoughts and to be challenged and schooled. With that said I’d like to offer my user iisakki järvenpää ball pommel puukko. I ask for nothing in return only that the recipient get outdoors and use this knife as it was intended and report back with pics! Shipping’s on me anywhere in the USA. Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!
KytHOcu.jpg

I would be very happy to claim this beauty. I have had one side of a claim for some time now with the passing on of my OPINEL but this puukko has more value than that for certain so I will offer up this 2002 Case Sowbelly Stockman (TB6339 SS), in addition, if you guys agree -

Ray

Case-Sowbelly.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good to me Ray, PM me your shipping info and I'll get it out to you.

Edit: Nevermind! After thinking it over I'd rather another member grab that gorgeous Sow Belly.

I would still like to offer @BTGuy 's WE 617F back up if anyone would like it.
I'll take the Beretta Trident, please. Looks like a nice gentleman's knife, and it'll be my first knife with a wharncliff blade. :)

On my end, I'd like to offer up a WE 617F.
1-1F3051QZ10-L.jpg

A little on the opposite end of the spectrum, I know. :p It's been neglected, sitting in it's box untouched, and could use a new home.

Hey @BTGuy if the WE is still available I'd like to claim it. Let me know!

Cool - incoming info then. Thanks very much. I'm gonna love it!

Ray

You’re welcome! Use it and enjoy! It’s packed and labeled, may even make it out today.

Christmas Eve and Santa snuck in early to drop this off -

KytHOcu.jpg

What a little sweetie!!! Thanks so much Spikediesel Another puukko and more reading to do to discover what there is to know about this one.

Here is a bit of info from the makers web site -

"The only historical maker of so called Ball Pommel Knives is Iisakki Järvenpää, so he can be thought to be the inventor of this model. Because of this, the collectable knives—made to celebrate anniversaries during the long history of the company—are ball pommel knives. The same applies to the models made every fifth year in honour of Finland’s independence. The Ball Pommel Knife's pommel or upper ferrule is round and made of cast brass. Over the time, handle has been made of many different materials, but today we produce handles of varnished birch bark. Like the others, this traditional model has its origins at the turn of 1880's and 1890's. It has been in uninterrupted production ever since."

Very nice knife - I'll try to learn more ...

Cheers all,

Ray

Glad it made it and on Christmas Eve no less! I’m very happy to see you appreciate it so much. Couldn’t have asked for it to go to a better home! Merry Christmas!

I'd be interested in the We....

I've got an old, 80's vintage Western W82 with original sheath, both in nice condition, that I'd be willing to put up as a PIF - if you think it's fair (I have no idea on value).

I'll post a pic shortly (not at home at the moment)

I'd be interested in the We....

I've got an old, 80's vintage Western W82 with original sheath, both in nice condition, that I'd be willing to put up as a PIF - if you think it's fair (I have no idea on value).

I'll post a pic shortly (not at home at the moment)

calling kniferbro kniferbro

Pics of the Western W82 as promised

I believe the knife was bought in the early to mid 80's (was originally my father's). Has seen very minimal use. Blade, handle, and sheath are in overal nice condition.

Pics show some marks on the blade, which are primarily adhesive residual of some sort, and I should be able to clean off before sending out to whoever claims it.

Cutting edge is approx. 3"
Overall length is approx. 7"
Not sure of steel, as it's only marked as 'stainless'

Would make a nice little hunting/skinning or bird & trout knife.

vxjgzGD.jpg

Eo3bQRe.jpg

4P9mNpo.jpg

gDtdyr3.jpg

Pics of the Western W82 as promised

I believe the knife was bought in the early to mid 80's (was originally my father's). Has seen very minimal use. Blade, handle, and sheath are in overal nice condition.

Pics show some marks on the blade, which are primarily adhesive residual of some sort, and I should be able to clean off before sending out to whoever claims it.

Cutting edge is approx. 3"
Overall length is approx. 7"
Not sure of steel, as it's only marked as 'stainless'

Would make a nice little hunting/skinning or bird & trout knife.

vxjgzGD.jpg

Eo3bQRe.jpg

4P9mNpo.jpg

gDtdyr3.jpg

I did a little sleuthing.

Steel is 440a most likely. Made by Camillus in the mid 80's when they bought Western. Pre-Camillus had date stamps. Known as good user knives. Knowing that it's US made by Camillus, the 440a was probably heat treated right so should be similar to a 420HC from buck or trusharp case in performance.

No idea if it's collectible. You can see the price of this new in the 1986 catalog below. It was not in the 1991 catalog, so probably disco'ed at some point in there, at least for the Western brand of Camillus made knives.

http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Western/1986-Western-Catalogs.pdf
http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Western/1991-Western.pdf

The BF thread that led me there, and for extra reading on the knife
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/western-w82-made-by-camillus.790654/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back