Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I think it's time to start picking off the older knives on this list. If it's still available, I'd like to claim the Spyderco Moran that F fishiker listed and offer up a Bestech Hornet, new in box. Got it in a gift exchange and want to see it go to someone who will enjoy it. Coffee is NOT included. That's all mine.

SPyderPhreak coffee.jpg

OK, I think it's time to start picking off the older knives on this list. If it's still available, I'd like to claim the Spyderco Moran that F fishiker listed and offer up a Bestech Hornet, new in box. Got it in a gift exchange and want to see it go to someone who will enjoy it. Coffee is NOT included. That's all mine.

View attachment 1043151
Not in regards to claiming the knife but i handled a bestech knife and it seemed like great bang for the buck. Fit and finish was on par for what i can gather. How is that specimen. Trying to gauge the knives they're producing.

Pics of the Western W82 as promised

I believe the knife was bought in the early to mid 80's (was originally my father's). Has seen very minimal use. Blade, handle, and sheath are in overal nice condition.

Pics show some marks on the blade, which are primarily adhesive residual of some sort, and I should be able to clean off before sending out to whoever claims it.

Cutting edge is approx. 3"
Overall length is approx. 7"
Not sure of steel, as it's only marked as 'stainless'

Would make a nice little hunting/skinning or bird & trout knife.

vxjgzGD.jpg

Eo3bQRe.jpg

4P9mNpo.jpg

gDtdyr3.jpg
Wow. Seeing that brings back some memories. I used to own a larger drop point that Western made. Same basic handle as yours but everything was just a little bigger. I loved the styling and workmanship. Price was very reasonable too. Never had a problem with it holding an edge.

Mine was purchased for a camping trip that never materialized so I offered it to a neighbor to replace a hunting knife that had come up missing. He loved the Western DP and used it in his kitchen. It got used more in one week with him than the whole time I owned it.

That left me without a camp knife until I purchased the Benchmade 162 that I own now.

Western knives never seemed to be very expensive but offered a nice product that worked well in an EDC role and were easy to maintain. I wish they were still around.

Not in regards to claiming the knife but i handled a bestech knife and it seemed like great bang for the buck. Fit and finish was on par for what i can gather. How is that specimen. Trying to gauge the knives they're producing.
It has a smooth flipping action, even grind, and we'll fitting scales. Solid knife.

I'd be interested in the We....

I've got an old, 80's vintage Western W82 with original sheath, both in nice condition, that I'd be willing to put up as a PIF - if you think it's fair (I have no idea on value).

I'll post a pic shortly (not at home at the moment)
No problem on my end. Do you have an email address I can contact you at?

@Sabercat

It really is a sweet little knife. The quality, especially for the time period/available materials is defiantly apparent. Unfortunately, the combination of size ad blade shape just don't serve my purposes.

I'd love to see this go to either a collector, or someone who will actually use it for it's intended purposes. I hate to see na knife of this quality just sit in my safe unappreciated.

If it's still available, I'll take blades&wrenches blades&wrenches Spyderco Endura.

In parity, I offer up a Spyderco ARK. I bought it and sharpened it but never carried it since neck knives just aren't my jam. It has a couple of light scuffs on the blade, as is typical of any knife with a polymer sheath.

IMG_7872.jpg IMG_7874.jpg IMG_7876.JPG IMG_7877.jpg

If it's still available, I'll take blades&wrenches blades&wrenches Spyderco Endura.

In parity, I offer up a Spyderco ARK. I bought it and sharpened it but never carried it since neck knives just aren't my jam. It has a couple of light scuffs on the blade, as is typical of any knife with a polymer sheath.

View attachment 1043804 View attachment 1043805 View attachment 1043806 View attachment 1043807

Hollow grind or flat/saber grind on that? Seems like it would make a really nice EDC fixed blade for someone.

Hollow grind or flat/saber grind on that? Seems like it would make a really nice EDC fixed blade for someone.

I think it’s hollow. It’s at the office right now so I’ll look when I get in this AM and report back.

View attachment 1043804 View attachment 1043805 View attachment 1043806 View attachment 1043807

If it's still available, I'll take the Spyderco ARK 19-3ben 19-3ben

I'll offer up a Benchmade AFCK that I landed in this thread. ATS 34 steel, partially serrated blade. Great knife, just don't use it so someone else should get the opportunity to give it the attention it deserves.

19-3ben 19-3ben the Endura has been shipped!
Awesome! Thank you!

And Kreyzhorse Kreyzhorse 's new Spyderco ARK is inbound. I've got the label printed and should ship today.

I'll add that this thread is fantastic and actually the timing of this particular PIF is perfect. I had mentioned to blades@wrenches via PM that I am headed to my M-I-L's house in Tucson for a week in mid Jan, and will be taking the kids for a hike in the Sonoran desert since it's a little bit of a change up from the usual hikes here in CT. Rather than me sending a knife down to AZ, B&W is shipping the knife to my M-I-L's house. That will be my knife for the week and get used on my hike, and then I'll mail it home. Epic win right there...

I can't wait for the kiddos to get to hike among saguaro cacti, and I can't imagine a better folder than a light, lean and strong Endura as a companion.

Awesome! Thank you!

And Kreyzhorse Kreyzhorse 's new Spyderco ARK is inbound. I've got the label printed and should ship today.

I'll add that this thread is fantastic and actually the timing of this particular PIF is perfect. I had mentioned to blades@wrenches via PM that I am headed to my M-I-L's house in Tucson for a week in mid Jan, and will be taking the kids for a hike in the Sonoran desert since it's a little bit of a change up from the usual hikes here in CT. Rather than me sending a knife down to AZ, B&W is shipping the knife to my M-I-L's house. That will be my knife for the week and get used on my hike, and then I'll mail it home. Epic win right there...

I can't wait for the kiddos to get to hike among saguaro cacti, and I can't imagine a better folder than a light, lean and strong Endura as a companion.
Nice youll be in my neck of the woods. Weather is great for hiking around this time. Days can get in low 70s nights in 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back