1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    If you have one with black micarta scales, I would be be interested.

2. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Thanks for your time doing so. It's wonderful to see this thread moving along :)

dsalazar likes this.
  3. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    @sabre cat

I know you’re not worried about it. And I appreciate it.

Funny thing about that Amphibian...
    I bout it when I was 18 or 19 (46 now) as an EDC before I was old enough to legally carry a firearm. Kept it on me while working the midnight shift at a gas station in a questionable neighborhood.

Was messing around with it, like kids do, and went to pull out out of the sheath rather quickly, when it got hung up on my shirt. Let me tell you, the tip of that thing is pointy as hell! I jammed it right into the flesh of my hip behind the belt (about 4 o’clock). Put a nasty puncher wound in the skin. Still have a scar there to this day. :p

Stupid kids doing playing stupid games..

Lapedog and Deinos like this.
  4. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I would put up another Buck 112 with wood scales.

5. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Carter Prime has been claimed.

dsalazar likes this.
  6. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Be nice to find one.

7. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    What do you think about cashing in my hinderer scale/hardware package #41 on list for the delica and rat 1.

8. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    You just beat me to it. I was just getting ready to claim the RAT.

9. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    You can that's not a problem. Ive been holding out for a fixed blade. Thought id give the rat 1 a try. Ive never owned one even though all the great reviews. Im more into fixed bladed.

10. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Up for offer are 2 slightly used really good condition Buck 112.
    upload_2019-1-18_20-4-25.jpeg upload_2019-1-18_20-4-25.jpeg upload_2019-1-18_20-6-13.jpeg upload_2019-1-18_20-7-34.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-18_20-6-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-18_20-7-34.jpeg

Sorry for the poor pictures, I’m not that good at taking pictures.

Note the Buck 112 with no nail nick has been claimed, other one manufactured in 2010 is still available.

Chuck

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    fishiker, BellaBlades and dsalazar like this.
  11. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    Sorry both wood scales.

Chuck

12. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    Pictures posted.

Chuck

13. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
  14. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    AND so to reiterate - I am posting for PIF these 2 items:

1) Böker Arbolito - Small fixed blade, manufactured in Buenos Aires. Comes with the sheath.

Boker-&-Sheath.jpg

Read more about the Böker and see more photos HERE.

2) Bausch & Lomb Hastings Triplet Magnifier 14X
    This is a 12 mm dia. magnifier. Pretty small - about this size of a dime - high quality optics and travels real well in the protection of its steel pivoting cover.

60080.jpg

Read more about this HERE X14
    Mine is just like the one at this link and in new condition. I have a few others so this one could use a good home.

Both here when you want them :D

Ray

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Deinos and McFeeli like this.
  15. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Is this AFCK still around? If so, I'd like to try it on for size.

Kreyzhorse and dsalazar like this.
  16. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    @chuck4570
    I would like to claim the Buck 112 without the nail nick. I'll dig through my things for a PIF later tonight or tomorrow morning (if tonight goes on too long).

17. arrowhd

Apr 19, 2011
    This would be fine or this would be fine.

18. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm glad you will put them to use. I imagine the good times w/ the little ones you have yet to enjoy.. ....
    I heard from @WValtakis who I sent the shaving gear to he received it all and is now on his new "wet shaving" journey so I'll be interested to hear how that is progressing a month or 6 from now....
    I also received the Boker from @WValtakis I like it very much. I admit I claimed it w/ a certain amount of sentimental reasoning as the Stag and the Tree emblem have a special meaning for me. However, even though it is of a very high quality and fits my hand quite well, I may end up putting back in this PIF as I do feel it would serve some one else better who may actually put it to use. So, I will watch for something I can use, like the FiiO amp @WillB which I did claim and am just waiting on delivery.
    Unexpectedly, having and holding this knife has allowed me to accept and put some closure on a specific issue in my life and to me that may be the only use I have for it..... I did spend a small amount of time stropping it which is all it needed and is quite sharp... I am considering to polish the brass but removing the patina should be a choice for the permanent owner as the rich patina it has takes time to replace...

Odd what a knife can accomplish other that cutting..........thanks, Methuselah

Screenshot_20190118-201055_Gallery[1].jpg
    pic in direct sunlight..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    dsalazar and WValtakis like this.
  19. arrowhd

Apr 19, 2011
    @chuck4570 that Buck 112 without the nail nick is Niiiiiiiiice!

20. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    @fishiker that is fine with me, PM your address and I will get it sent early next week. I won’T be near post office tomorrow.

I no longer have the original sheath for it, it dried and cracked long ago. It has been in a Very sturdy Ripoffs nylon sheath.

I have had this knife since the 80s just never really used it, I prefer fixed bladed knives better.

Chuck

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019