1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Still available

kniferbro likes this.
  2. miltmaldo

Feb 5, 2012

Sent you a PM

3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    No worries on the postage, just thought it was funny since the box I sent you at the same time was $7.90 with $50 insurance included and tracking, his was $26.90 with $200 insurance included and tracking to the border and questionable tracking after that. That what makes America great or so Trump says.:rolleyes:

cchu518 likes this.
  4. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    I'd like to claim it if you are OK with that.

5. miltmaldo

Feb 5, 2012
    Email me at my user name @gmail.com

kniferbro likes this.
  6. Greg L. Gearhart

Greg L. Gearhart Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 6, 2019
    Hi everyone, I'm a neighbor of Sabre cat. My name is Greg. I received a great Kershaw folder (Salvo) from one of you. Thank you very much.

Methuselah, jaseman, 19-3ben and 12 others like this.
  7. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    welcome to the forum Greg

Methuselah likes this.
  8. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Welcome to the family

9. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Hang around, shoot the breeze, pick up a little man jewelry and we can corrupt you to!;) Just like those before us did to us.:)

10. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Kershaws are great gateways to a fun hobby!

11. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    Glad you're here, and glad you liked the Salvo! It really is a very nice knife, just not my style. It was given to me as a little "extra" with another knife I purchased and it only seemed right to pass it along here.
    Bruce

12. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Well, it’s about time you joined.

Everyone, Greg is a great guy and you could not ask for a better neighbor. Should make a fine BF.com member even if he has strange taste in knives. :D

Greg, I’ll repost your PIF offerings to here. If you will add them in a post of your own, the thread’s HPIC can post them to our master list.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Sharp & Fiery and woodysone like this.
  13. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Like you guys did with me?

My wife probably has an ax to grind with most of you because of all the knives you forced me to get.

14. miltmaldo

Feb 5, 2012
    This is ok with me send me your address.

15. wroughndt

wroughndt Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Thank you! I can’t figure this message issue out, not sure what is going on.

cchu518 likes this.
  16. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Same. Except for the first 4 months of discovering the forum, that was when I was hoarding knife purchases (some were unopened) and hiding them in the kitchen utility drawer. Things got real when she came home one day looking for a scissor and found 35 knives lying around and she flipped out. LMAO. I had to curb it for a spell after that. But she didn't do herself any favors when she greenlighted a gold membership to offload some of the knives.

17. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Hiding knives in the kitchen utility drawer! Genius!!! My wife rarely steps one foot in the kitchen. That means it should be a pretty safe place to hide knives. :) That reminds me, it's my turn to cook tonight.

Actually, me wife is pretty decent at cooking but she hates doing it. I remember when we were dating, one day I looked in her refrigerator and it was empty! That's right, empty. Maybe there was a carton of milk, nothing more. So, I looked in the freezer and that was also empty. Nothing. Really, nothing. When I looked at Andrea, she shrugged her shoulders and said, " I told you I don't cook." True story. I later found out that she would drop by her parents and eat with them.

The amazing thing is that when we were married nine years ago, she took on cooking without complaining. I know she hated it then and still does. Yet, I don't really hear any serious complaints about it. That's why I try to support her when I can. Like tonight.

Lapedog, cchu518 and Chris Still like this.
  18. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    As a way to "justify" more knives, I have several "folding kitchen knives" and a couple more "hunting kitchen knives" and possibly a "bushcraft ktichen knife." There's also an opinel in the utensil drawer since I'm a fan of frozen veggie steam pouches. The spyderco military is a mean folding kitchen knife, for those curious ;)

19-3ben and cchu518 like this.
  19. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I'm laughing :D ^ ^ and the ones above too.

Ray

20. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Hey guys! I am claiming @arrowhd combo edge Delica from post 2470 I think? I am offering up a very nice condition vintage USA made Camillus #51 Barlow in stainless. To me, it is everything a classic Barlow should be. Here is a pic of it with a similar knife I have. The 51 is on the top left. I will get better pics later tonight if I can.
    [​IMG]
    @Neko2 I know it's not a GEC but it's close ;)
    @dsalazar this is final, worked out in PM's

dsalazar and arrowhd like this.