1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Pulls on almost every RR I've ever owned are roughly between a a 5 and a 7 max, mostly they're around 5-6 though. The 440a is super impressive. I used one of their fixed blades which I purchased bc it looks liked a Loveless to score concrete impregnated linoleum when I was laying down a kitchen floor in my old house. The 440a is heat treated really well and easy to sharpen up. The niceties (and I'm not knocking Case) is that I've noticed that the RR's generally don't get those pesky wire edges the way some of my Case traditional knives do. Probably because RR does their RC around 58 vs 54-56 with Case.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  2. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I didn't know RR did knives in carbon steel. Pretty cool.

3. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I'm glad you claimed this. You went above and beyond with the PIF you sent me. It's nice to see you claim something in return.

BTW, I'm loving the lights. I used the C2 to look for my cat this morning. The E1e has already been used a few times. Looks like it has found a place in my jacket.

4. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Sweet!

Message your address and I'll get mailed in a few days. It's a fun knife.

5. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    @Neko2 when I claimed this knife I didn’t realize that @sabre cat was inquiring about it. I will bow out if he would like it, he was before me.
    Chuck

6. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I received my PIF (PM2/Natrix) from @jwh720. Wow! Thank you sir! I am surprised at the quality of the Natrix.

7. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    I'd like to get that Benchmade Spike from @knifephan if it's still around.

Let me dig up something to toss into the mix...

dsalazar likes this.
  8. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    I would like to claim that Kizer Dorado from @Monofletch if that is still available.

In return, I have a Safariland level 3 holster for a Glock. I know a Glock 17 and 22 fit it. I can post pics of the offer is accepted.

If this doesn’t work, I will look around and find something else.

Thanks!

9. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    You got it RT. I will email you, sir

10. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    You are a gentleman and a scholar, Chuck. Claim the knife, please.

Traditional knives are something I have a love/hate relationship with. My nails don't hold up to using a knife with nail nicks. That is why I have a bunch of SAKs that I rarely use or carry.

Claim the RR with my blessings.

SC

11. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I believe that started last year, if I'm remembering what I read correctly. I think the company that owns the RR brand bought Colt who has the carbon steel knives, which is how RR came to making carbon steel. There are a few really nice moose patterns that I would like to get to add to my GEC 81 & 82 collection.

12. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Got the SAK in the mail today. Absolutely love the bail. Have it riding in a KSF Pocono with the LT Bushbaby PiF; they make a great pair! Thanks again @bikerector and @sabre cat:D

[​IMG]

13. Spikediesel

Spikediesel Spare time SAK builder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 14, 2018
    That’s a beautiful setup right there!

bralexander, Sharp & Fiery and Deinos like this.
  14. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Definitely digging it. Picked up an Allegheny from KSF first because I thought the bushbaby would be a little big for the pocono, but I think the Allegheny was just a little more size than I wanted for the pocket. Ended up working it into the old Pocono though, just need to redo the wetforming (had a BRK Essential riding in it before that I never really gelled with). Think that bushbaby and my bradfords are going to be duking it out often for the precious pocket and belt edc space for sure. That SAK is exactly what I wished the Pioneer I carried would be... bail is the way to go!

Spikediesel likes this.
  15. Ryan Thompson

Ryan Thompson Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Here is my offering for the Dorado I claimed from Monofletch.

AFEF0B12-623D-463B-9025-0607F84ECE80.jpeg

16. knifephan

knifephan Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 4, 2009
    PM me your shipping info and I'll try to get her out tomorrow, or Friday.

17. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Wow! That was fast. I figured it would take a little longer for shipping. So, can I assume you are happy with this? Looks like a great combo.

Deinos likes this.
  18. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    The Gerber EZ Out Rescue arrived today from @sabre cat and it is VERY nice! Sharpest serrations I have come across yet!
    Thanks again @sabre cat ,
    Bruce

[​IMG]

19. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
  20. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014

Your picture makes the knife look better than it does in person. Nicely done. Enjoy.

SC

JupiterPaladin and bralexander like this.