1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    The small lt wright and blind horse addiction is real! ;)

bikerector likes this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The 112 is one of them. The 55 is the other. I already have a nice 110 in 154cm from very early in this thread.

I didn't even realize the 112 was your offering. I was just slamming through the offering list to see what was interesting. The 119 is interesting but I already have 2 so I have no need for a 3rd other than they're just really cool. One is the 75th anniversary, s30v edition so that stays looking nice and then I beat on the 5160 version a bit.

I think we could work something with the boker and buck 112 if that seems like a fair PIF. I'll PM my info.

3. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I love knives with non-aggressive looking points for EDC... though I don't EDC a fixed blade anymore. I'll have to figure out a way to get a clip-sheath for this though, just in case circumstances change.

I couldn't leave well enough alone with this one though. I gave everyone ample opportunity to claim it, I think.

Deinos and dsalazar like this.
  4. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Yep, just let me know and then PM me you're info.

5. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Can't really tell you about the battery life because I've never paid that close of attention and I use the cheapest batteries I can get. Use a good quality rechargeable and you should be fine.

You assume correctly about water resistance. There are O rings where the light threads together. Unlike some others, I have never had a single problem with this light.

PM me with your cell phone number and I can send some pictures. I still have your address on file so no worries there.

6. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    @bikerector , please take the light from @sabre cat , heaven knows I don’t need it but it has been tempting me.
    Chuck

sabre cat likes this.
  7. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    There's a couple things on the list that are tempting. Then i think will i ever use it. I used the electrician yesterday. Cut and stripped some wire to fix electrical cord to a power hammer in class.

arrowhd and Chris Still like this.
  8. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    Wants and needs are definitely two different an animals. Glad to see you’re getting use out of the Electrician.
    Chuck

9. dsalazar

Jun 22, 2017
    Yes i learned i didnt need 30 folding knives a while ago. Not enough pockets. The electrician kicked my leatherman squirt and buck 309 out and made a home. Im going to add a pioneer x for the weekend and out of work carry.

10. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    What's wrong Chuck, have a flashlight fetish? I know I do.

I'll tell you what, if @bikerector decides against it, you're up next in line. How's that?

BTW, the E1e that I got from you is the reason the Sunwayman is up for grabs. It is your fault you're being tempted.:D

bikerector and JupiterPaladin like this.
  11. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    That Electrician is a beautiful example of knife history. A great EDC knife too.

bikerector likes this.
  12. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    Yep have fetish’s foe knives, flashlights, pens and Zippo’s, my wife calls me a [email protected] of all 4. Verity is always good Surefire’s I have, I do have 1 small Penagon right angle light but you know what they say 2 is 1 and 1 is none.
    Chuck

Neko2 likes this.
  13. Chris Still

Chris Still Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Lights and knives go hand in hand for me. I have been very into Olight lately myself but looking into some other brands again finally. I have an H1R that is the right angle like your light and it is very useful. It has a magnetic tail cap too so I use it working on cars all the time.

14. Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    I love my zebra pens. I dont get into high dollar stuff (yet) but keep meaning to get a space pen. My wife laughs at me.

bikerector likes this.
  15. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I guess the following should be moved to here. After all, it really is Greg's offering:

" I'm writing in behalf of my neighbor, Greg. He would like to claim this if possible.

He is offering both of the following items:

Hen & Rooster fixed blade #HR-692, new in box.

New in box, Michael Prator Lockback w/ Corelon scales. Blue and orange swirl pattern. The knife is the Choctaw model #SW-105TG made by Steel Warrior.

Will pay shipping within the US."

Please update the PIF offerings.

16. dsalazar

Jun 22, 2017
    Hi my name is david and im addicted ro sharp things and bright lights.

Lapedog, arrowhd and Chris Still like this.
  17. dsalazar

Jun 22, 2017
    I like whem people are loud at my apartment. I pull out my fenix tx16 and blast 1000 lumens at there window. Makes for an interesting night.

Lapedog likes this.
  18. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    I love Zebra Lights!

19. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    You and I have much in common. Unfortunately, I only have one Zippo and that was my father's (two, if you count my Zippo knife). I also love a nice writing instrument, mainly fountain pens. It's a shame they are not very popular. You should see me spin up when my wife takes my pen.

bikerector likes this.
  20. Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    Oh man...the mail person is my friend today. Mail usually gets delivered at about 5pm but they must have known I was waiting on a knife. Just pulled the manix 2 out of the mailbox. 2 minute impression...I like this beast. Thanks @Deinos (and also for the Boker)

This thread has both pillaged and bolstered my carry rotation. Before coming here I had probably 15-20 that I rotated but most were picked up along my learning process. I ended up with perfectly good knives that werent perfect for me. I have had fun passing them along to others to try out as well as bring in some new blood that I was too on the fence with to fork out the cash for.

I still have some items on deck to add in here and a bonus one or two that I will throw in if a claim is made. If nothing tickles my fancy soon I am just going to go ahead and post up to maybe get some action going again. It seems like flashlights have some interest on here so I might have one or two of those to add. How about watches? I have only noticed a couple and they haven't moved fast. Are most people here watch wearers or no?

This is not a PIF offering, just a thank you pic and to show what my carry rotation has boiled down to...for now lol.

[​IMG]

cchu518, Lapedog, orangejoe35 and 4 others like this.