1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    If you don't use it a ton or like to fidget, you can always use some inner tube, etc to attempt to seal it when not in use:

[​IMG]

McFeeli and chuck4570 like this.
  2. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I'll try to get the BM shipped this weekend. Cheers!

3. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Thanks for the offer but I think I'll keep with my maratac and bics. I like the bic in that I can put it in a kit and expect the fluid to be there when I use it next. The maratac is good for a weekend, and then there is the ferro rods of course. Bics just make it easier.

Chris Still likes this.
  4. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I messed around hard with lighters for the pass couple of years and I’ve landed on IM Corona Pipemasters. Piezo ignition, so not for everyone, but I do smoke a tobacco pipe and they are ideal for my sparing needs. Plus they have a pipe tool built into them!

I also rely on Bics otherwise, but I get the Zippo draw and why guys love them so much. I think if you use a lighter a lot they are the way to go, but if not then butane is your friend.

woodysone likes this.
  5. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Can never have enough bics. I stash those things everywhere. So cheap you might as well!

bikerector and Coyja like this.
  6. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Just looked up that Maratac Peanut and that thing is pretty cool. The XL version is a very interesting option.

7. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I liked the peanut because it easily fits into an altoids tin on the short side, and I love altoids so I have a bunch of their tins. They works nice as a little fire starter/bundle box. Plus, I thought I would EDC the lighter for some reason, thinking I would actually use. Kind of like when I EDC'ed a skeletool and never used that. Somethings are solutions looking for a problem. My daily needs didn't require either. But, the peanut is great for a compact fire source if you're traveling light for a short while.

Native for reference
    [​IMG]

dsalazar and Coyja like this.
  8. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I was never a smoker but I own a lot of Bic lighters. I learned early in life that always having a knife and a source of fire can solve a lot of problems. I don't keep a lighter in my pants pocket unless I think there will be a reason to use it, but always leave one in my jacket and in the cars. If I can come up with a pocket organizer I might start carrying one though!

Coyja likes this.
  9. 21bangbang

21bangbang Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    They make inserts to run them on butane. They last forever just like a bic. Possibly years if you don't use it much. Not sure because I smoke and fidget with them.

Coyja and bikerector like this.
  10. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Well guys its snowing in tucson.

11. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    Its snowing in Ontario too. ;)

McFeeli and JupiterPaladin like this.
  12. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Nice. Im out checking pools. I dont own snow gear as this isnt normal

McFeeli, Deinos and JupiterPaladin like this.
  13. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    You can keep it! Done with snow in Ohio... lol

14. Chris Still

Chris Still Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2018
    @dsalazar

I am going to put up some stuff to see if we can get something flowing and just reserve any credit towards future consideration. I only have one request...these items arent super high value so please try to come up with a single item of similar value instead of multiples for one. Thats not a rule, any good PIF is acceptable. Just a request because I see a lot of the smaller and combo offerings lingering.

First is the only knife in this batch. The Kizer Sovereign from earlier in this thread. Great build, nice flipper, its just bigger than I usually carry. I will be looking for another Kizer though, I like the knife. That pattern in the blade is a reflection of my curtains. Blade is good.

**Claim in progress** Next is the Lansky Turnbox. Super simple but effective sharpening system. The rods go inside of the block for storage.

**Claimed** Item 3 is a Casio G Shock DW5600. Its in pretty great condition as far as I can tell. I love the watch but I got a different beater for christmas as a gift and it gets all of my heavy duty wrist time.

The next watch is a custom modified Invicta 8926 pro diver that comes with the Seiko nh35 automatic movement. I swapped the dial, popped off the less than useful date magnifier, replaced the insert with one marked for 12 hours, and removed the engraved invicta logo from the side of the case. This 12 hour insert lets you track a second time zone for a "poor man's GMT". The dial is a nice white enamel that is hard to capture in pics. All the hour markers are raised, not just printed on. And it does have the 200m water resistance so it is a solid watch still. This one can be tough to value so message me for claims.

**claimed** Flashlight is nothing super fancy but its been a great camping flashlight and has lived on my night stand for investigating bumps in the night. Has a zoomable head that adjusts the way the beam casts. Comes with an 18650 battery and a charger.

**all claimed** The last pic has a few freebies I will toss in with a PIF claim if they are wanted. Nothing valuable enough to send on its own but I dont use them and I dont want to pack them when I move next week. No PIF offerings required for them. The patches are velcro and the wallet is a leather card holder. 2 slots per side and one central. I used the central for cash and the bills fit folded in half with a tiny bit sticking out of the top. I actually bought 5 of these when I found them back before they were popular and have been using them over the years. This is my last one but I went for a thicker leather so this one is just lingering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    McFeeli, arrowhd and dsalazar like this.
  15. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    @Chris Still i would like to claim the flashlight and the wallet if OK with your, I will PIF a Parker Edwards Trapper. Post pictures later today.
    Chuck

16. Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    sounds good to me. Email me your info at c.n.still07 (at) gmail

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  17. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    @dsalazar
    I was just playing...i do realize its not normal for snow in tucson. Lol. We've got 4 feet here where i am.
    Also, Salvo from @woodysone has arrived!! Safe and sound. Thank you! It will be going to work with me in my pocket on monday. Gonna be a great user! Also, the little bonus is greatly appreciated, and my wife said it is nifty and cool. :) Thanks again! :)

Chris Still and woodysone like this.
  18. Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    @dsalazar claim already came in for the flashlight. You can omit it from the list. Should I just edit it out of my post or leave it?

19. l1ranger

l1ranger Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2017
    @Chris Still - im interested in the turnbox

will see what I can come up with to PIF and keep things moving

20. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    If it’s not to late, throw patches in also.

Chris Still likes this.