1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I think this is roughly my thinking as well. The list can be a handful to keep updated.

Also, @JupiterPaladin if you need some help spreading the cleanup duties out, I should be able to donate some time to that as well.

2. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I appreciate the offer for helping out @bikerector but I think I got it handled so far. I think we got some good input here I will work on the format change this evening most likely. So the 1 year limit seems good, and I will shoot out some PM's on inactive users see what shakes out.

3. chuck4570

chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    @JupiterPaladin my PIF that I posted for the SOG ToolClip in post 5427 please tag it as a NO PIF required, it’s sitting unused at this point someone may want to try it out.

woodysone and JupiterPaladin like this.
  4. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Awesome, enjoy. It was too nice to sit in a drawer. Good luck mastering the pocket flick, this is a really easy one compared to some though. It's pretty hard not to open it on the draw.

woodysone, JupiterPaladin and Deinos like this.
  5. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Getting spoiled by this new, earlier mail route... like getting my toys first thing in the morning :D

Love the fit and finish on this guy. It's funny how small the blade looks, slimmed down for the opener. Had to compare it to my delica 4 just to verify that the looks were deceiving me! Getting used to the pocket pull too. Didn't trust it the first couple times, but has gotten a lot more natural in just a couple hours :thumbsup: Great little piece!

6. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    :thumbsup:

7. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm truly surprised at you guys....... All this mention of a purge and not one time did I see. LET THE PURGE BEGINNNNNNN. @JupiterPaladin :oops::oops::D:D:D I'm sorry

I'm late to the party but the people made the effort and nobody claimed their items. Purge what you need to get the characters down. Another idea is as one pif is added it bumps another off the list.

RoachBelly44 likes this.
  8. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Let's Purge!
    Tolentino-WatchingThePurgeinOurYearofNightmarePolitics.jpg

9. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    ...... or ask them to offer up something different. You know we all have a pile of blades laying around!!

10. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    I understand this way of thinking...but...some may not have another to offer up. That could put a damper on the claims, if someone only had one knife to PIF. They would be nervous. Just sayin.

11. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    @Monofletch
    Sorry, wasnt trying to rain on your parade.
    Another option could be, if the PIF isnt claimed in 6 months-year then it automatically becomes a “no PIF required.”
    Just a thought.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  12. chuck4570

chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    That doesn’t handle the members that aren’t responding to the thread in the first place.

13. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Youre absolutely right.

I shoulda brought an umbrella, because my parade is starting to get wet.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  14. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    If only a few changed their PIF it would make a difference...... and keep the ball rolling.
    That being said the reason behind this thread is the “good will” and not the items, right?

15. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    I agree 100%.
    I was just thinking out loud on the idea of cleaning up the PIF item list. :D

woodysone likes this.
  16. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Not a PIF but just sharing, we've been checking about Pruner blades and throwing Harvesters in the PIF' thread, showing love for Alox's.

I just got this nasty little solo pruner knife in. It was soooooo budget friendly!

[​IMG]

Other edcs for this week in the background for size comparison. This thing is an ultralight at 1.2 ounces with a chisel ground blade that is super thin. And just like the little blade on the Pioneer Pruner that Chad sent me that Eric has now it glides through cardboard like a warm knife through butter.

17. JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Ok for the sake of getting back to the regularly scheduled PiF'ing here is what I would like to try first.

I will separate into regular and PiF not required. We'll say after 3 months, items drop to the PiF not required list. I will reach out at that point to check with the user to see if they would like to change offerings instead. For existing old offerings, I will go ahead and start reaching out this evening. I do want more focus on the good will than on the items, but we should also be mindful of offering things that are too niche. Let me know if anyone has objections!

bikerector, RayseM, WValtakis and 3 others like this.
  18. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Works for me. I'm happy to offer the CRKT Tighe Rod and the J. Hue Scale blanks without a PIF required.

Deinos and JupiterPaladin like this.
  19. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    I like it!
    Although I like the niche options; maybe just circle back with sometging else if you don't get any bites...
    Heck, I keep thinking about the 5 blade sowbelly but realize that I don't really *need* it and back down again before I post anything.
    Maybe people get cold feet?

WValtakis and JupiterPaladin like this.
  20. JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Just give me your shipping info bro, it's been no PiF required ;)

T.L.E. Sharp and Sharp & Fiery like this.