Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful knife.

Well I did a bad thing.. I looked at it again, haha. If still possible I'd like to claim this. It's a neat little knife! I'm a big fan of clip points on traditionals, it gives them a fantastic look.

I have an old fixed blade, an Ontario Ranger Falcon that's been sitting in it's box for a few years(It's been used very lightly and put away since). It's thee toughest little fixed blade I've ever held .25 inch thick 5160 on a 4 or so inch blade. I'm unsure of the value on that but I can throw in a brand new Buck 303 as an extra to whoever would be interested in the Falcon. If I'm way off in anyway just let me know.
Looks like bikerector bikerector may have beaten you to it. Up to @Wilsonhome though ;)

He quoted the GEC 25 offer then said he was thinking of taking it if his PIF offering of a Kabar Coppersmith Stockman was acceptable. Just offering my 2 cents just to help avoid any disagreements or whatever.

I would like to claim that tin knife..I will offer up a nearly new walnut schatt and morgan single blade slipjoint
https://i.imgur.com/gosnDks.jpg

gosnDks.jpg

Sure thing!

Go ahead and send me a PM with your address and I'll get it out in the next couple of days.

Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164
Resume' Consulting from @cchu518
Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
SAK, and Mora from @rob308 post #266
Tuya Bruiser from @dkb45 post #469
Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
Browning 502 with leather pouch Case xx mini Trapper Camillus from @Monofletch post #484
ZDP endura from @Cursum Perficio post #488
Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
Kissing Crane scout knife, limited to some relation to a service member preferred (see post) from @sabre cat post #503
M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
Kizer Ursa Major from @cdf293 post #557
S&M single blade trapper from @psmith27 post #579
Kabar coppersmith stockman from bikerector bikerector post #577
OKC Ranger Falcon & Buck 303 from M McFeeli post #580

@Cereal_killer owes a PIF for orange caper FB

Updated 5/31/18, 8:07AM EST

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up.
Cheers

Last edited:
I'm offering a knife that's just been sitting in my drawer for too long.
View attachment 915834
It's a neck knife sized knife from JK knives.
If I remember, it's O1 steel and might be called the "tin knife".
It's nearly 1/8" - 1/4" (eyeballing) thick and will be amazing with a sheath and maybe some handle slabs.
I don't think this qualifies me for the GEC. But I want to get it into the life of use that it dreams of.

Not quite a gec but I just listed up a nice stockman if that's also your flavor. I think it would be about the same value so it could be used as your "claim" end of the PIF.

I am conversing with NJBILL about a sheath but as yet unsure if it will covered under this PIF.

Dibs on NJ's sheath to FOG2 FOG2 , waiting on confirmation that's finalized before removing it.
In talks for design now. This is claimed by FOG2 FOG2 .

Since no one claimed the Fixed Blade customization, I will likely be putting something else up to cover the cost differential of what I was given.

In talks for design now. This is claimed by FOG2 FOG2 .

Since no one claimed the Fixed Blade customization, I will likely be putting something else up to cover the cost differential of what I was given.

Does a machete count? I have a condor golok I've ripped the handle off with all intents of replacing it this summer after the stock handle rotted around the tang this winter. Shipping could be a pain but I'm certainly interested if you are.

I'm offering a knife that's just been sitting in my drawer for too long.
View attachment 915834
It's a neck knife sized knife from JK knives.
If I remember, it's O1 steel and might be called the "tin knife".
It's nearly 1/8" - 1/4" (eyeballing) thick and will be amazing with a sheath and maybe some handle slabs.

View attachment 915836
I don't think this qualifies me for the GEC. But I want to get it into the life of use that it dreams of.
Just for informational purposes, this is 1/4" O1, and Johns heat treat is fantastic on his O1.

No I have not offered anything. I was waiting on a value for the sheath so I would know what to offer.
Am I incorrect in doing it this way?

Does a machete count? I have a condor golok I've ripped the handle off with all intents of replacing it this summer after the stock handle rotted around the tang this winter. Shipping could be a pain but I'm certainly interested if you are.
Sure does, I have some Horse Stall mat that would be perfect for this application. Othwrwise, I do have some other materials.

No I have not offered anything. I was waiting on a value for the sheath so I would know what to offer.
Am I incorrect in doing it this way?
Nope, I'll wait to see something from you and then add it to my list. Makes perfect sense to me.

Sorry M McFeeli , I intend to claim it if the coppersmith large stockman with slip was a fair PIF for the GEC. My dilemma is that I've seen a lot of different information on them and they're all conflicting except that it was discontinued. I've seen 3 different blades steels mentioned in 2 different disco adds from knife center and smokey mountain knife works but a post from the forums suggests 440C blades. It was made either by canal street cutlery or queen.

EDIT: McFeeli, I sent you an email to gauge your interest and concede my dibs. I got tired of lusting after the pics and figured it would look better in person but my excitement for it isn't really high so if you have better excitement for it, it's yours. I'll keep the stockman listed here and see if something else comes along if we decide the #25 is better suited in your hands. Kind of hoping another nice machete shows up that isn't a condor (I seem to have bad luck with their handles).

I just sent you an email, I'm sorry about that I just can't believe I missed it that. I really don't want to take anything out from under you(especially since you claimed it first!). And because of that I really think it's entirely in your hands. The very last thing I want to do is take that out of them.

So if you decide to change your mind just realize there's absolutely no hard feelings on my end. It's my fault for not being caught up on the thread.

Sure does, I have some Horse Stall mat that would be perfect for this application. Othwrwise, I do have some other materials.
I'll take it and put my coppersmith as the PIF for it, worked with M McFeeli so he'll take the GEC 25 mentioned above.

Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164
Resume' Consulting from @cchu518
Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
SAK, and Mora from @rob308 post #266
Tuya Bruiser from @dkb45 post #469
Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
Browning 502 with leather pouch Case xx mini Trapper Camillus from @Monofletch post #484
ZDP endura from @Cursum Perficio post #488
Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
Kissing Crane scout knife, limited to some relation to a service member preferred (see post) from @sabre cat post #503
M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
Kizer Ursa Major from @cdf293 post #557
S&M single blade trapper from @psmith27 post #579
Kabar coppersmith stockman from bikerector bikerector post #577
OKC Ranger Falcon & Buck 303 from M McFeeli post #580

@Cereal_killer owes a PIF for orange caper FB

Updated 5/31/18, 8:25AM EST

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up.
Cheers

I think I got a few things sorted out to clean this up a bit.

After researching this Case Mako xx with embossed sheath and box I believe it to be of equal or greater value than the Sheath NJBILL and I are discussing.20180531_084418.jpgthis my entry into the PIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back