1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Better go for it before I do and pull something from the safe! ;)

2. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Don't feel bad bro. Others have made more than 1 claim and offering. Don't let it pass. I keep kicking myself over missing the ZT0566 which is basically my grail knife (any model of the 05XX line) :(

Deinos likes this.
  3. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I will put up a new PIF.

A Wenger Soldier/Stanard Issue.

Produced in the early 1970's, this Wenger Soldier model sports the old style cross on its scales, plus it has the Waffen Kontrol stamp. The finish on the scales is in excellent shape; so, this would make a great display knife. The blade had some very minor tip damage and has been dressed accordingly. When the knife is closed, you can't tell unless you know what you are looking for. This one has been in my permanent SAK collection but I plan to replace it with an earlier model.

Free shipping within the US and Canada.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    JupiterPaladin likes this.
  4. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Claim it! Even though it's not your step-fathers knife, it will remind you of him. Carry it in his honor!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. rob308

rob308

Jul 28, 2013

I would like this
    and if ok with folks posting up for grabs.
    le thiers is a bit small for me got off of this thread

View attachment 919003

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  6. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    That's fine by me if it's ok with everyone else. What say you fellow PIFers?

7. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    DO IT!

8. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Well, apparently I didn't read the last page and this has already been discussed. It's yours @rob308. Send me an address.

9. rob308

rob308

Jul 28, 2013
    Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164
    Resume' Consulting from @cchu518
    Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399
    Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
    Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
    BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
    Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
    M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
    Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & 572(pic)
    Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
    Case hunter & g-shock watch from @sbh06 post #709
    Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
    Buck 110 154cm & Binlun watch from @T.L.E. Sharp post #744
    Something COOL from @[email protected] post #750 PENDING decision
    le thiers wenger and alox farmer @rob308 #765

S&M claimed by @AdamFuzzyballs will PIF next weekend
    Boker Plus Exskelibur 1 claimed by @dkb45

lots of nice stuff just sitting I cant believe it

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    bikerector and blades&wrenches like this.
  10. psmith27

psmith27

Sep 25, 2008
    I mailed out the S&M today, enjoy!

11. wroughndt

wroughndt Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Got the Cold steel today. This thing is huge! Thank you much for the great knife!

WValtakis likes this.
  12. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Considering the lock kinda not working on it, would you take a Böker Plus Griploc as an equal PiF? Box and all, mirror polished edge. I just don't carry it.

13. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    PM sent to figure out PIF value of the combo (this is not a claim so others can still jump on it).

14. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I've never seen a griplock before, that's a pretty nifty looking mechanism from the boker vid I just watched. I think that's one where I love that they did something new and the engineering of it's cool but not my tastes in aesthetics.

I would think the value's would be similar if the griplock is in good condition like the excelibur, except for the questionable lock. Just one opinion, based on new values from BHQ.

15. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I based the value on new value ($100 and $80), both being used (equal subtraction), and the faulty lock taking off around a quarter of the value.

The Griploc is super cool though. If it was made with a better steel, I'd be carrying it all the time, I'm just too much of a steel snob to get over AUS-8 any more. I won't touch anything below 440C any more.

bikerector likes this.
  16. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    20180601_085810.jpg I am interested in the Resume consulting offered by CCU. I dont know what the value is but I will
    Put these up to see if it is ok with evryone.
    20180601_094801.jpg

Attached Files:

17. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I think this would be a fair offering.

18. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    CCU. I cook for a living so it would be a basic ez resume in my opinion.
    Let me know if this agreeable to all plz.

19. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Hey @Minirehak212 how's the action on that Ruike P801? It keeps calling out to me :rolleyes:

@FOG2 that's a sweet offering IMO and @cchu518 is an awesome dude. I'm actually excited to see what magic he can work ;)

20. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    The action isn't too bad actually. It's a little sensitive to lockbar pressure, and the flipper tab is a strange shape for me, but it is smooth. The ball bearings do help