1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    The Dorado is yours! Do you have an email address you can provide me with to hash out the details? As far as PIF, I'm not too concerned with what you offer up. I just wanted to get these knives (that sit on a shelf) into the hands of some people who will use them/try them out.

2. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    What you offer up to PIF doesn't really matter to me, if you think it's worthy I'm all for it. If you want the Boker its yours, just get me an email address so I can sort the details out with you. :)

3. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm claiming these and offering up a lightly used Kershaw teal leek used for opening letters, a CRKT tighe rod flipper with klecker lock I received in an earlier PIF, and a lightly used GEC 48 bloodwood.

Preference goes to claiming the whole lot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Wilsonhome likes this.
  4. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164
    Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399
    Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
    Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
    BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
    Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
    M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
    Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & 572(pic)
    Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
    Case hunter & g-shock watch from @sbh06 post #709
    Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
    Something COOL from @[email protected] post #750 PENDING decision
    le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
    Kershaw Leek, Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
    Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and HK feint FB from @bikerector post #783
    Boker griplock from @dkb45 post #PENDING

S&M claimed by @AdamFuzzyballs will PIF this weekend

@ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.

Updated 6/5/18 3:54PM EST

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  5. dkb45

dkb45

Dec 16, 2012
    Go ahead and send me an email to REDACTED

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    kniferbro likes this.
  6. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    He offered. I claimed it. He said he’d send it and then ghosted. I’ve tagged @ReservoirDog707 him several times but he hasn’t even been on the site.

7. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Of course. Not to be "that guy" but we should be wary when some new person has 3 posts, all in this thread. I know not everyone is like that but it's bound to happen.

8. BilboBaggins

Feb 14, 2016
    No worries. I’m glad that my PIF went to a happy home and karma has a way of squaring things in the universe. :thumbsup:

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  9. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    @bikerector I figured this may be pertinent t your postings. RD707 should potentially be left in a footnote.

10. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I see, so there's been some confusion on this. I will keep add it back into the footnote then and I'll remove it when @ReservoirDog707 or @BilboBaggins tells me/us things have been settled.

Edit: I've added this into my recent list to call this out. Sorry to others but I'm leaving this to the two involved as the source of truth on this since there's been some slight variations of what occurred, from my seat at least.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    NJBillK likes this.
  11. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    I sent you an email :D

12. BilboBaggins

Feb 14, 2016
    Just to be clear, I’m not looking to add drama to a very cool thread, which is why I only previously mentioned that he owed a PIF. What happened, happened. I’m not pissed or otherwise wound up about it. Life continues.

13. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I understand but I do think holding the person accountable is reasonable also. I think it's enough to leave as a foot note with the username tagged until reconciled. I don't plan to escalate beyond that but I think it helps add credibility to the thread and give a perception of reduced risk for those interested in putting in a PIF offering. I think it helps with transparency also and having it listed certain isn't a false listing.

14. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    rob308 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  15. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Pm me! Could totally use that leek btw I'm off to Panama next week on a photo safari! But either way in case anyone would like it. I can do a simple resume as well.

16. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Seems reasonable. Just advising on the state of the transaction. No "blame" assigned per se. Person is free to return and make it right if they have extenuating circumstances causing the issue.

BilboBaggins and JupiterPaladin like this.
  17. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    @psmith27, your knife was shipped about half an hour ago.
    Estimate was Friday for delivery.

T.L.E. Sharp likes this.
  18. psmith27

psmith27 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Cheers!

19. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    @NCCNC the Endura was mailed today, should be there within 2 weeks.

20. NCCNC

NCCNC Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Thank you very much!

Cursum Perficio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.