Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kniferbro kniferbro I would love to claim your Kizer Dorado. I have been meaning to get a Kizer since I have yet to experience one hands on. I hear all these great things about them and am happy to make the Dorado my first! I have many knives I can PIF with. I will get something together later tonight. Maybe a Spyderco PM2 or 3. I have a Yojimbo. Maybe a Boker Albatross in full titanium or a few Gerber or SOG multi tools. I'll figure it out when I get home and whatever is acceptable to you either something single or multiples. I'd like to maybe put a few things out there to try and get the thread moving some more. Ive got tons a stuff since I have a rather large inventory of pre owned knives for the new knife shop I'm in the process of getting up and running. I look forward to contributing some cool stuff.

The Dorado is yours! Do you have an email address you can provide me with to hash out the details? As far as PIF, I'm not too concerned with what you offer up. I just wanted to get these knives (that sit on a shelf) into the hands of some people who will use them/try them out.

Considering the lock kinda not working on it, would you take a Böker Plus Griploc as an equal PiF? Box and all, mirror polished edge. I just don't carry it.

What you offer up to PIF doesn't really matter to me, if you think it's worthy I'm all for it. If you want the Boker its yours, just get me an email address so I can sort the details out with you. :)

This would be a great addition to my scout camping gear. I'd like to claim it if I can. I'd put up a Buck 110 in CPM 154 and a Binlun watch in return. Really nice little watch, but I never wear it and I rarely carry the Buck.

20180603_162510.jpg

20180603_162413.jpg

20180603_162441.jpg

These will be up whether my claim on the HI Kukri is accepted or not. I don't use them. Better to pass them along.

If you need a nice watch for some reason give the Binlun a try. It's like the Kizer of the watch world. Really lovely watch with an interesting movement, but totally affordable.

I'm claiming these and offering up a lightly used Kershaw teal leek used for opening letters, a CRKT tighe rod flipper with klecker lock I received in an earlier PIF, and a lightly used GEC 48 bloodwood.

Preference goes to claiming the whole lot.
F3YG4Epl.jpg

vumzwYrl.jpg

JldkisUl.jpg

3u2VUYul.jpg

eCNSQtDl.jpg

Last edited:
Defcon Prolelia from dkb45 dkb45 Post #164
Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & 572(pic)
Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
Case hunter & g-shock watch from @sbh06 post #709
Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
Something COOL from @KnifeHunter62@BAFCOInc post #750 PENDING decision
le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
Kershaw Leek, Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and HK feint FB from bikerector bikerector post #783
Boker griplock from dkb45 dkb45 post #PENDING

S&M claimed by @AdamFuzzyballs will PIF this weekend

@ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.

Updated 6/5/18 3:54PM EST

Last edited:
What you offer up to PIF doesn't really matter to me, if you think it's worthy I'm all for it. If you want the Boker its yours, just get me an email address so I can sort the details out with you. :)
Go ahead and send me an email to REDACTED

Last edited:
Post #196 was an offering by this user. I do not know if it was claimed, or if RD707 was ever back, but he did propose a knife to send out.
He offered. I claimed it. He said he’d send it and then ghosted. I’ve tagged @ReservoirDog707 him several times but he hasn’t even been on the site.

Of course. Not to be "that guy" but we should be wary when some new person has 3 posts, all in this thread. I know not everyone is like that but it's bound to happen.

bikerector bikerector I figured this may be pertinent t your postings. RD707 should potentially be left in a footnote.

I see, so there's been some confusion on this. I will keep add it back into the footnote then and I'll remove it when @ReservoirDog707 or BilboBaggins BilboBaggins tells me/us things have been settled.

Edit: I've added this into my recent list to call this out. Sorry to others but I'm leaving this to the two involved as the source of truth on this since there's been some slight variations of what occurred, from my seat at least.

Last edited:
I see, so there's been some confusion on this. I will keep add it back into the footnote then and I'll remove it when @ReservoirDog707 or BilboBaggins BilboBaggins tells me/us things have been settled.

Edit: I've added this into my recent list to call this out. Sorry to others but I'm leaving this to the two involved as the source of truth on this since there's been some slight variations of what occurred, from my seat at least.

Just to be clear, I’m not looking to add drama to a very cool thread, which is why I only previously mentioned that he owed a PIF. What happened, happened. I’m not pissed or otherwise wound up about it. Life continues.

Just to be clear, I’m not looking to add drama to a very cool thread, which is why I only previously mentioned that he owed a PIF. What happened, happened. I’m not pissed or otherwise wound up about it. Life continues.

I understand but I do think holding the person accountable is reasonable also. I think it's enough to leave as a foot note with the username tagged until reconciled. I don't plan to escalate beyond that but I think it helps add credibility to the thread and give a perception of reduced risk for those interested in putting in a PIF offering. I think it helps with transparency also and having it listed certain isn't a false listing.

I understand but I do think holding the person accountable is reasonable also. I think it's enough to leave as a foot note with the username tagged until reconciled. I don't plan to escalate beyond that but I think it helps add credibility to the thread and give a perception of reduced risk for those interested in putting in a PIF offering. I think it helps with transparency also and having it listed certain isn't a false listing.

Seems reasonable. Just advising on the state of the transaction. No "blame" assigned per se. Person is free to return and make it right if they have extenuating circumstances causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back