1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    CCU has been messaged.

2. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Replied!

3. KnifeHunter62@BAFCOInc

[email protected]

Jun 8, 2017
    Sorry for such a late response l. I had some family problems that I needed to help out with, so I've been tied up for the last couple days. Anyways email me at cuddlingwithknives at Gmail and I will reply back right away. I've been looking at all the new Kizers coming out and they look insanely awesome. So I def need to give one a try before I make some other kind of commitment with them. There's a lot of ppl who don't like the fact that Kizer is becoming popular bc they are Chinese! Now I'm one who doesn't normally buy Chinese models and it's mainly bc I love my USA Made Kershaws, every single one of them! I however do appreciate a well made budget knife that offers premium materials and I do believe Kizer had been knocking it out of the park from what I've seen and head. So thank you for allowing me to get my hands on one. I will be posting a few PIF later tonight when I get home. Hopefully they will get the thread going a little more and find a good home.

kniferbro likes this.
  4. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Email sent!

5. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    As proof to how incredible this thread is, I'd like to throw out another thank you to @wroughndt for letting me enjoy his Big Chris machete.

[​IMG]

To keep it short(maybe not short enough, haha) I'll just say that I accidentally threw my pup's ball into a hellpit of jagger's and all but gave up on getting it back. Thorns as long as my small toe, branches as thick as my big one. Well that machete blew through all of it without the slightest hiccup. I even overdid it on one swing and landed a blow on my shovel's aluminum shaft, surprisingly it didn't even damage the edge, yet took a slight chunk out of the shovel, haha.

*If you squint you can kind of make out the orange ball. The picture doesn't really do it justice, just know this is what it looked like after I got to the ball.
    [​IMG]

I probably wouldn't have even bothered to get it if I didn't have that machete. So my pup thanks you, wrough, for not leaving his favorite ball to the squirrels and opossums, haha.

@bikerector , I haven't had a chance to really take the kit out yet, but I have plans this weekend, weather permitting. Let's hope it stays nice enough to get some good, solid use out of it all! Who knows, maybe I'll like it so much you might not hear from me for a few months, haha. One can only dream.

Anyway, what an absolutely fantastic thread this is, allowing the whole lot of us a chance to try out something new and exciting. And so far the participants have done a great job of keeping it alive and in good standing, which is really damn cool. Thank you, @wroughndt , @bikerector , and everyone else involved! Hope you have as much fun as I have thus far.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    FOG2, Wilsonhome, needler420 and 2 others like this.
  6. wroughndt

wroughndt Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Awesome! I am so happy to see it’s finally getting some use again.

McFeeli and JupiterPaladin like this.
  7. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy, I lusted after that one^^, but my blackberries thank you! I will have to look in the closet and see what I can come up with.

McFeeli likes this.
  8. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I'm not after another knife but, what's up for grabs? Just asking to keep things going.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  9. rob308

rob308

Jul 28, 2013
    Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164
    Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399
    Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
    Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
    BM triage from @sbh06 post #454
    Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
    M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
    Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & 572(pic)
    Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
    Case hunter & g-shock watch from @sbh06 post #709
    Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
    Something COOL from @[email protected] post #750 PENDING decision
    le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
    Kershaw Leek, Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
    Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and HK feint FB from @bikerector post #783
    Boker griplock from @dkb45 post #PENDING

S&M claimed by @AdamFuzzyballs will PIF this weekend

@ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.

Updated 6/5/18 3:54PM EST

all of this

Deinos, bikerector and JupiterPaladin like this.
  10. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse

Jan 15, 2013
    Sent a PM to SBH06. Would like to claim the Triage if available.

11. sbh06

sbh06 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Replied. This one will go in the mail this weekend.

NJBillK and Kreyzhorse like this.
  12. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse

Jan 15, 2013
    Thanks @sbh06 .

I'd like to offer up a traditional S&M Canoe. It has red bone scales and I believe it is 1 out of 20 made.

Essentially it's like new in box.

PM or email me at [email protected]

Thanks BF.

13. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Paging @GUNNER63755 this is right up your alley! He collects canoe knives ;)

NJBillK and Kreyzhorse like this.
  14. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Can't wait to see what you offer up! I've been looking at what I have and trying to figure out what else I can live without! I've been giving to friends, family, and coworkers all year so I'm down to half of what I had :eek:

15. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    There should be a Wenger Soldier/Standard Issue knife also. I can't remember which post but, it was one of mine.

EDIT: Post # 763

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  16. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Personally, I've had a blast. We should do this more often.

The timing has been great. I've been wanting to thin my herd, so to speak.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  17. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Update. CCHU has claimed the Leek in trade for a Resume.
    Case mini Trapper with Wenge scales and Chive are still available.

18. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Were you able to ship?

Thanks again,
    ~Chip

19. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    @Wilsonhome 's 25 showed up today. Instantly landed itself in my pocket. This is the perfect traditional for shorts. My 73 beats the crap out of my legs if I make any sudden movements, this guy rides the seem like it's designed to! I'm loving it so far! That granite looks and feels great in person too.

[​IMG]

Thanks @Wilsonhome !

Deinos, Wilsonhome and bikerector like this.
  20. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I will put up something else for grabs. A nice little budget fixed blade. Looks like it would make a nice slicer. Blade length appears to be four inches.

Edit: No longer available. My daughter's boyfriend claimed it. Family (and potential family) comes first. Sorry.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.