Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Tags:

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    Apparently the military has already been claimed. So if it's ok with @David Mary I would like to claim the endura and leave my pifs posted up. @JupiterPaladin

RoachBelly44 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  2. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Interesting catch up. Very interesting indeed. Well karma she's a bitch. She tends to bite when you least expect it. So I think anything I get from the pif thread I'll just keep or repif if I don't seem to want it. In my eyes it's just dirty and I won't be able to sleep right or be able to come back in here and look/talk to any of you fellas if I sold or traded anything I got here and flipped somewhere else. That's a certain kind of special to do something that low. But that's just me. I'm a idiot. It says so right under my user name.

3. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Just got home from @sabre cat I will go throw my bag ol' knives and pull something out for the knife i claimed from @WValtakis.
    In a few. Just need to feed MyCat and make sure the misses doesn't need anything. And I unbroke the jeep. Hopefully we can finish it up in the next few days and he's a danger to the roads again. I have done as much as I can to keep him off the streets. But I can't hold him back much longer. I think he's starting to catch on. Lol

4. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2018
    You still may be an "idiot", but I agree whole heartedly! I dont mind stating as much for the whole community to see. So everyone knows, I would NEVER sell or flip or trade something I recieve from these amazing people.
    I claim them for use, and if I find that I will not, or can no longer use it...it goes back to the thread.

5. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Yah sorry about that GasMan it's been a heavy flow day and I'm checking in on breaks from packing. Closing on a house on Friday so it's kinda hectic here :eek:

6. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Oh don't get me wrong the RW LOVELESS will never get used it is a grail knife for me and It will be with me to my dying days.

7. Yimes

Yimes Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2018
    With all due respect because you deserve it. I feel that by making it taboo to do what you will with the knife you have claimed will ultimately discourage some people from participating which will hurt the thread.

Sure there are times when it will/should be frowned upon to sell a PIF but if you have given up something of value for it, I don’t see why it is wrong to have the right to do with it what you want.

8. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Just getting caught up. Apparently I’m an a**hole for clearing the heard and not doing it here. Sorry if I offended anybody. I figured if I’m even on PiFs I can trade things elsewhere as well if I’m looking for something in particular.

9. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I had the option many times to claim beautiful blades but didn't knowing I wouldn't have the heart to use it. So as it turns out if you offer up something with wear marks already on it, I'm more likely to go for it. :confused:

10. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Yup. Let nature take its course!

RayseM, Yimes and South paw draw like this.
  11. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    Not a problem brother. I may not actively participate much but I do appreciate everything you do here. :thumbsup:

For some reason or another I'm wanting to try out more modern folders. I'm drifting away from the traditionals a little. But it won't be hard to find something else I haven't tried. Lol

12. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    It fine for others it's just not for me. I just gave where I'm at on it. We all reserve the right to accept or reject a pif request. I have the utmost respect for you. More respect than you know. But there is one. And he knows who he is. That I wouldn't give a replacement lead to.

JupiterPaladin and Yimes like this.
  13. RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Yes there are solid points to that. If you gave up something of real value for something for real value, then it is truly yours. In addition my comments are not to judge the actions of others, simply to state my position. I wont do it. Again, if you sell something you recieved at the honest value you have in it, well that's certainly fair. I think flipping is the real ugly side.

14. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Wait what? I thought we were talking about that REDACTED guy. What did you do?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Oh man, is this still available? If so I'd like to claim it. PM sent.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    RoachBelly44 likes this.
  16. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    If that's not the case REDACTED I apologize.

17. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2019
    I have a couple things I’ve gotten here listed in the trade forums, so even if not intended for me, the comments could just as well have been directed toward me.

woodysone and Yimes like this.
  18. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Back up is a USA link with nylon handles. Great knife but just another reminder flippers are not for me.

No PIF required .

20191022_230757.jpg

GasMan1, woodysone and RoachBelly44 like this.
  19. wroughndt

wroughndt Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 31, 2011
    You made fair deals and it’s yours. You didn’t take advantage of anyone. Good luck with your trade bud.

Deinos, RayseM, Yimes and 4 others like this.
  20. RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Dude...doooood. let this guy go. I took the wonderful advice of everyone here after my embarrassment yesterday. I exist...you exist...the other good people here exist....that other guy doesnt exist.

21. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    10-4 post will be edited

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.