Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    John, another mystery box? I thought I received your last kitchen sink, another nice gesture for sure!

mycough likes this.
  2. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    @JupiterPaladin
    I can't believe that Kellam sat there so long, I expected that to go quick when it was posted! Had to save it from loneliness.

For the Kellam I have a WOODS PACKAGE of a Husqvarna Hatchet and an SAK Forester.
    I don't think I ever really chopped anything w the hatchet, looks like I just sharpened it up a bit. Bought it right before we had a baby, lol, so long free time.
    Forester has some light tarnishing on the blade, I blame my wife for that.
    This was discovered in the diaper bag, so I'm putting it up here before it ends up confiscated by some security guard.
    [​IMG]

For the Golden Eye:
    This one is a bit outside the box, just to see if there are any partakers in the group the might benefit. Its got a two week time clock on it, and then I'll replace it if it doesn't go.

PIPE PACKAGE
    Savinelli Tortuga 305 estate pipe (meaning its lightly used but clean) and I'll include balsa filters and some pipe cleaners, etc.
    Three tins of unopened Presbyterian Mixture
    A recently opened tin of 2017 Butera Royal Vintage Sweet Cavendish (aka made by McClelland)
    And I'll include a number of other small bags with varying amounts to try, mostly from McClelland tins, like Deep Hollow, Frog Mortons Cellar, Short Cut to Mushrooms, etc
    McClelland was the finest maker of the leaf, aging it to perfection, and they suddenly closed their doors last year.
    The prices on their stuff has sky rocketed as a result, and it's now impossible to find any that are a reasonable price.
    Here's your chance to taste history!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    mycough, GasMan1, atdegs and 8 others like this.
  3. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Then I guess they'd be shit out of luck..........
    It's like people can't remember that their own shit belongs to THEM!
    You get to decide who gets YOUR stuff, and what fucking value YOU put on it.
    These clowns of late act like THEY get a voice in what You give someone or what YOU accept as a return PIF. The thread simply facilitates community interaction....we don't all share stock in what's on the list.
    This thing turned into a real shit show, because we allowed assholes who just admittedly want to see the thread end, infect the whole thing. Real great things were being done for people who needed and deserved them, before fuckers showed up to rape the thread of its worth, cash in on the generosity of others, and shit on it all at the same fucking time.
    Now the other thread is closed down and good people are staying away from this fuck story of a soap opera.
    Great job assholes, you got what you want. Now go to W&C, and revel in your own percieved mental superiority. Fuckin douchebags.

4. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Would you know if they claimed it? It's your choice not to except their offer so that should sort that out, IMO.

RayseM likes this.
  5. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    I get the sentiment, but I would probably "rephrase" most of it so as not to bring the wrath of the mods down. :thumbsup:

Neko2, jlauffer and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  6. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Love the sak + hatchet combo. Feel like that will go quickly! Also... kinda wish I was a pipe smoker now... lol

Neko2 and Coyja like this.
  7. Poriggity

Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018

Ok, this has sat on the list for far too long, and I've been wanting a good stockman to try. I know this is a No PIF required item, but I will see what I have that I can offer up anyway... @sabre cat , PM coming your way.

JupiterPaladin, sabre cat and Coyja like this.
  8. COSMO

COSMO Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Ok, so tell us how you really feel.....glad to see you are not bottleing up your emotions. No doubt a moderator will be by shortly, maybe they can bring a counselor with them to talk about your feelings with you.
    All in good fun, I feel your pain..
    Long live the PIF thread.....
    Giddyup
    Cosmo

9. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Wasn't on the PIF list but utlity cooking knife sent out to @Markisbear! If you need help with sharpening just check in with @Worldwatcher or @mycough in a pm or me and I'l lmost likely direct you to a JDavis video. I perosnally like his no nonsense approach to sharpening.

10. Poriggity

Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018
    I'm still having fun with this thread.. But I can see why you are upset here. Seems a few people have ruined it for everyone else. That being said, I'm still having fun, so don't shut her down yet!

11. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Who is ruining it?

The Aflac Duck likes this.
  12. Poriggity

Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018

I am a self professed Husqvarna fan boi... ( all of my lawn care tools are Orange, including my new $9000 zero turn mower) I may need this combo, but I'm going to let it sit for a while as I feel like I've claimed way too much stuff, and it seems a lot of my PIF items are sitting dormant. Very cool Husky package man!

Scott

woodysone and Coyja like this.
  13. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    No posting, naming and shaming guys. Behave. Please do it in pms.

jaseman, woodysone and PirateSeulb like this.
  14. Poriggity

Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018
    Honestly, I wasnt around for the drama that everyone is speaking of, so I can't speak to who is ruining it.. Apparently the thread did go off the rails for a while and almost got shut down due to some people being greedy I guess?

15. Markisbear

Markisbear

Apr 8, 2019
    Thank you I will

16. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Could be. Or perhaps some felt that their own generosity was not being properly acknowledged or rewarded? Felt taken advantage of?

17. dsalazar

dsalazar

Jun 22, 2017
    theres always is w&c Maybe best for the chatting.

woodysone and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  18. atdegs

atdegs Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Great PiF. Love that it's something outside the box, but still (I think) thread appropriate man stuff.

McFeeli, cchu518 and Coyja like this.
  19. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Literally nothing more meditative than smoking a pipe on a walk (aka "lunting") or in the woods.
    I only smoke a few times a month, and its great for clearing the head.

McFeeli and woodysone like this.
  20. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    An interesting concept for a "pay it forward" thread. When you open a door for someone, I wonder if there's a sense of entitlement there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.