Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    True, but, not all chatter is bad.
    Much of it is good natured and fun.

2. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    Somebody just PIF my stuff before this one gets shut down.
    I already boxed it up!

McFeeli, Sharp & Fiery and Deinos like this.
  3. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I would argue that this is untrue. There are several places here where groups of friends gather. The issue is that it seems to me several people in this thread don't ever post or even contribute anywhere else on this site. But that's just an observation.

Cursum Perficio, mycough and danbot like this.
  4. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I couldn't find such a requirement in the PiF guidelines or the forum rules. Contributing (what did you mean by contribute, anyway?) is good. Judging those who do not without knowing the situation on the other hand? Generosity goes beyond just material things I think.

Coyja, Worldwatcher and Deinos like this.
  5. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    How is this an issue as you say? It is a small community. What does that have to do with anything? I agree there are other good threads with lots of good intentions. Honestly I don’t even see why you are posting here with all of your “observations”. People felt welcomed here and a lot of good things have been done. A few today just loved to jump in and say their 2 cents. Makes no sense to me. Why waste your time here? Just to antagonize, provoke? Just move on... but hey its a social experiment and some just can’t help themselves

David Mary likes this.
  6. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Oh look, 399 posts in nearly four years. No comment.

Also, I was taking direct issue with an incorrect assertion. Simple as that. There are a ton of places on Bladeforums where friendly banter happens, this PIF thread isn't the only place, and not only that, it's not even the best place. Not even close. Many of us converse with friends without any connection to a swap meet that's driving the discussion.

Plenty of generous people on BF. Maybe some of you should get out more.

7. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Oh look, 318 posts in nearly four years. No comment.

8. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Eta: hahaha @David Mary beat me to it

9. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If you guys are gonna argue and bicker in GKD which actually has a rule about knife related discussion only, then yes, people should feel free to come in and drop their 2 cents.

mycough likes this.
  10. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Never said you weren’t welcome to post. Just don’t understand the motivation to do so. Only reason is to provoke. If you don’t like it don’t read it. What exactly have you or @Quiet said here that is knife related? And this ridiculous thing about how many posts someone has is absurd. Not worth my time to respond to this nonsense. I have not partaken in any arguing and won’t. Most people here are great and it sucks that this thread has devolved into its current state. Oh well moving on

danbot likes this.
  11. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    "Can we get back to the PIF stuff, please? It's the only reason I visit Bladeforums. Who's got something I can claim?"

BellaBlades likes this.
  12. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    I'd hate to see this thread get locked down. It was a lot of fun, especially in the beginning. No one had expectations of anything other than that. But lately it seems like it's just become a point of contention with too many people to survive much longer.

Shame really, but such is life. Maybe it'll get back on track, and maybe it won't. I just want to say thanks to all those I've interacted with here for the things I've received, and hopefully you've enjoyed the things I've passed on. An especially big shout out to @JupiterPaladin who's the current keeper of the list for all his hard work and effort. You rock dude!

13. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Ive received a few things here and given away quite a few. Aren’t you the same guy who jumped on someones for sale thread and talked smack to someone trying to trade? Only to have a mod go on there to put you in your place... seems you make a habit with your observations. But hey congrats on all your worthless posts. You should be proud

14. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Yes thanks @JupiterPaladin

15. Quiet

Oct 11, 2013
    Put me in my place? Nope, I interpreted the rules one way, and the mod said it was another. Anyway, can someone put up something for "SwapMeetThread"Watcher to claim so he can settle down? :)

16. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Not here to provoke. Just adding a twist to this social experiment that's heading off the rails. Maybe you guys will be able to turn it around if you can finally agree on what (and who) the problems are.

17. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I think he blew a gasket.

18. Worldwatcher

Dec 19, 2015
    Yo
    You obviously are a child. Immature and not as smart as you think you are. But hey I must be one of the @#*#heads you are whining about. Funny with all your greatness you bestow upon bladeforums and all your “posts” you boast of, you don’t even know the basic rules. Thanks for he laugh. Its been fun

Zacboy7 likes this.
  19. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    If we close things we need to make sure there is no unfinished business. Oh wait. There's not.

So considering this thing is a pif. There should be no issues since this thread was not about cutting deals it was just about posting your unused goods.

I will cancel my last pif and return the knife. But we better shut it down before it's a mess.

Any pending transactions between members can be completed by email or private message.

My final thought is that this was a wonderful thing while it was working.

And a special thanks to

@JupiterPaladin
    @bikerector
    @Deinos

And many other for keeping it going and organized.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  20. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    If it dies, thanks for giving it another go. It had a good run :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.