Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noes! I now have the oldest PIF offering! Anybody reading new to knives? Want to try out the Emerson Wave or a side-lock? I thought for sure at least one would have found a home.

i'd like to claim the Kershaw Leek Composite Blackwash from @Kreyzhorse. I posted about it about a minute before you updated the list. I'll put up an Utica Catskill fixed blade and a Kershaw Westin if everybody thinks that's fair.

Yep, have that noted. I have no idea about the value of what you've offered so I'm letting others, mostly kreyzhorse, figure out if that's acceptable.

I was being sentimental about taking it off. It's been around almost as long as this thread has and it pre-dates the list. Hope you enjoy the knife.

That modus would be mine if it wasn't a flipper, love that blade shape and I'm a sucker for D2. Last of my flippers are heading to TLE Sharp soon.

List updated
You could make a PIF hall of fame and add it to that. But even if it was still on the list I don't think anybody would take it. I was eyeballing it before I joined the post. I know it's big and unnecessary, but God damn it does it speak to me!

And hey, you can still claim it, grind the flipper off and install a thumb stud or something. It's a cheap knife, get creative

Wow! We have quite an inventory of items in the PIF depository. :)

I hope another Vic Cadet comes up. I've been looking for mine and have not been able to find it. Yesterday I found out why. My daughter informed me that she has it up in Idaho. I'll never get that knife back.

I lost my OD green one. :( Carried it almost every day for 4 years. I left it on top of an ATM dispenser (I'm an ATM tech among other things) in another town. I guess the armored car fellas popped in and replenished the machine later that same day. When I got back the next day it was gone. First knife I've lost in over a decade.

Hopefully the guy that found it is enjoying it at least.

Here's a slick little gentleman's folder. It's a Beretta Trident Cocobolo, 3 5/8" closed linerlock. VG10 steel wharncliff blade 2.75" with reversible thumb stud. I'll add a couple surprises to the box with it.

I'll take the Beretta Trident, please. Looks like a nice gentleman's knife, and it'll be my first knife with a wharncliff blade. :)

On my end, I'd like to offer up a WE 617F.
1-1F3051QZ10-L.jpg

A little on the opposite end of the spectrum, I know. :p It's been neglected, sitting in it's box untouched, and could use a new home.

I'll take the Beretta Trident, please. Looks like a nice gentleman's knife, and it'll be my first knife with a wharncliff blade. :)

1-1F3051QZ10-L.jpg

A little on the opposite end of the spectrum, I know. :p It's been neglected, sitting in it's box untouched, and could use a new home.
You guys are killing me with these offers...

1-1F3051QZ10-L.jpg

Let the WE guy get it. Done.

UPDATE to posts #s 1144 AND 1154 on page 58 -

These are my own updated photos of the two knives I have offered for the S&M Canoe.

Opinel #08 Outdoor and a Boker Boker Pine Creek Wood 3-5/8" Fixed Blade w/sheath

View attachment 933377

View attachment 933378

View attachment 933380

View attachment 933383

Blades are in excellent condition - both sides & sharp. Handles and sheath are also in excellent condition. Read the threads on page 58 for more info.

Prefer to send both to the same address to keep the costs down BUT if you ask nicely and you live in the US, I most likely will oblige 2 shipments ;).

PLEASE NOTE - I will leave town tomorrow June 27 and will NOT BE BACK to mail anything until Friday July 6. Sorry if this is an inconvenience but such as it is, I will certainly mail knives Friday if there has been a request. I will be keeping tabs on BF throughout my time away.

Cheers, Ray
The canoe is boxed, labeled, and ready to roll out in the mail tomorrow morning. Sent you a PM with tracking info.

Just for bikerector bikerector updating purposes, I think we can assume that @ReservoirDog707 is gone. He has not even logged in here since 5/19.

I've been checking on that too. And cereal_killer every now and then. Seems strange because they were active before but so it goes.

I'll take it off the list. I'm sure he'll have plenty of notifications from this thread already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back