Pearl Harbor day

littlehoot

Gold Member
Today marks the 75th anniversary of the attack on pearl.

Thank a navy veteran today.

Remember the fallen.

Fair winds and following seas.

I second that, was thinking about that this morning.
🇺🇸

My great grand father, that I never got to meet, was in the Navy. My mom said he was on a destroyer in the Pacific. I certainly wish I could learn more about him. I won't ever forget this day or September 11. Thanks to every one who ever served.

... I won't ever forget this day or September 11. Thanks to every one who ever served.
I agree - never forget 9/11 or 12/7! Thank you to all who have served/are serving their country, including both the military and those in law enforcement and emergency services like firefighters and EMTs; God bless you all! :thumbup:

Not one of modern mankind's best days to be sure. :(
A brave sailor never dies just trades rough seas for smooth skies.

Unreal that the President of the United States can openly show such deep contempt for military and law enforcement, and be tolerated.

I remembered today how he groveled at Japan during his first few months in office in 2009; traveled there just to apologize about what a terrible and barbaric nation we are. Thank the good lord that he is GONE.

A local radio host yesterday made a funny comment. He said "go take a look at Hiroshima and then go take a look at Detroit, who won the war?" LOL. The japanese have become what we were. I hope the new administration can bring some of that back.

PS: love your sign on name. One of my favorite TV shows of all time. And the hottest tv star at the time.

star-trek-voyager-seven-of-nine_528_poster.jpg

Isn't that the truth. Japan is a thriving metropolis full of industry and our rust belt is duly named, because the factories are nothing more than rusted out skeletons of a past when America was great. I blame those bones on greedy politicians and behind the scene trade deals that lined their pockets and decimated America's industrial might.

A local radio host yesterday made a funny comment. He said "go take a look at Hiroshima and then go take a look at Detroit, who won the war?" LOL. The japanese have become what we were. I hope the new administration can bring some of that back.

PS: love your sign on name. One of my favorite TV shows of all time. And the hottest tv star at the time.

star-trek-voyager-seven-of-nine_528_poster.jpg

Isn't that the truth. Japan is a thriving metropolis full of industry and our rust belt is duly named, because the factories are nothing more than rusted out skeletons of a past when America was great. I blame those bones on greedy politicians and behind the scene trade deals that lined their pockets and decimated America's industrial might.

Absolutely agree with you both. This come-sit-on-my-face way of doing business that the liberal Obama/Clinton era has established--while they line their deep pockets at our expense--has quite nearly destroyed us. In all my 32 years alive no election was ever so pivotal and so dangerous to my future if we had lost.

Hope Trump's administration delivers on the economic & domestic policy promises. We could have a real good thing going if he does.

And PLEASE let's put an end to this increasingly oppressive politically correct, touchy-feely, I'm-offended-so-you-can't-have-free-speech NONSENSE. Put it to bed once & for all. I feel like the past 8 years have been living in the Twilight Zone. Up is down, wrong is right. I guess that's what happens when your President uses your Constitution as toilet paper.

But I digress. Don't want to get off topic too far, lol

I take it personally that I lost two great men from my life to the Iraq war in 2004, 2006...and then Obama comes in with his liberal apologetic crap and gives back all the land all the progress all the captured operatives right back to the hands of the radical Islamic murderers and allows them to spread worldwide.

Last edited:
Cobalt said:

Thanks, Cobalt! You're the first one I've bumped into who gets where it's from.

I don't know if you get the cable channel "H&I" ??? (Heroes & Icons) They've been running all 5 Star Trek series in a row, every night Sunday thru Friday. It's their "All Star Trek" promotion to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the original Star Trek series.

Of course since it's in a row, 'Voyager' is on a little late for the East Coast but I try to catch it as many nights as possible. Been on vacation from work this week so it's been good binging, lol

Thanks, Cobalt! You're the first one I've bumped into who gets where it's from.

I don't know if you get the cable channel "H&I" ??? (Heroes & Icons) They've been running all 5 Star Trek series in a row, every night Sunday thru Friday. It's their "All Star Trek" promotion to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the original Star Trek series.

Of course since it's in a row, 'Voyager' is on a little late for the East Coast but I try to catch it as many nights as possible. Been on vacation from work this week so it's been good binging, lol

I am going to look for that channel. I have dish network. hmmm....

And today marks 76.

Thank a vet today.

Fair winds and following seas.

Thank you friends, for the initial thread last year, and today, littlehoot!
And thank you to all of our military personnel & their families for everything!

My wife's uncle was a sailor on the HMS Bulldog.
Newfoundland wasn't part of Canada yet.
And her Uncle Bill & his best friend left Newfoundland
for England at 18, and joined the Navy.

It was the HMS Bulldog that captured the U-boat with the Enigma machine.
The war ended for him when he lost his arm in an explosion during an attack on his ship.
But the battles replayed in his mind until he finally passed away.

God Bless our lost soldiers & sailors...
And RIP Uncle Bill.

I have a special affinity for this day. Dad served in the Navy in the late sixties/early seventies, and it makes me think about all those who died at pearl.

I was lucky enough that my dad never went over seas, but not everyone is so lucky. A lot of brave folks die for us every year, PH day was the "day that will live in infamy" & the epitome of "sacrifice"

Dec 7th is always a day of reverence and reflection for me as an American.

My grandfather W.A. "Buddy" Johnson (born 1921) was a Sea Bee in WWII and was heavily involved in constructing the transitional medical barracks for American POWs too bad off to travel home after being released from Japanese prison camps. He had trouble talking about much he saw.

C

Back