Perfect blade grinds

ron finkbeiner jr

Gold Member
This thread will be totally subjective and up to the person who post their pictures of what they think are the perfect blade grinds. Enjoy! Let the posting begin!

OK . . . I'll start well down on the totem pole . . .
Case's Large Trapper Clip point blade. It's pretty dambed pleasing in use.
I mean personally I prefer full flat ground or a tiny bit convexed with the spine thinner than the middle of the sides of the knife but I have seen nothing like that out side of knives I have reground to suit me.

The Case is hollow ground; nice blade shape though, for looking at and for using.
Let me put it this way; when I look at GECs I wish they made a Trapper with this blade shape . . . Oh K ?. . . OK !
IMG_6028.jpg

Love a nice saber hollow ground clip point with a sizeable swedge, and they cut well if the blade isn't overly thick.

The Buck 212 hits the nail on the head.

Just gonna say that I have never seen hand ground blades better than Josh Gallardo's. Simply perfect.

CRK Umnumzaan. Just sharpened it a few minutes ago. I look forward to it. Easy steel, great hollow grind that’ll get thinner BTE as I sharpen.

full

No doubt for me- Full Flat, Thin Stock, Drop Point with the tip as perfectly centered to my grip as possible.

Back