1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photo contest, shoot your Emerson's with a patriotic theme.

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Akapennypincher, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013
    As America just celebrated a norther Birthday, I though it might be fun to see if we have any creative shutter bugs? So I am proposing a little fun contest. That will end Next Monday at Midnight.

Subject: your Emerson Knife, or knives.

Theme: Patriotic, Red White Blue, or Happy Birthday U.S.A.

I will pick a Best Photo at the end, and the winner will at this point have bragging right only.

**Best part is the Judge is a retired photojournalist, so I have done this before, and am hope we have some creative people in this group. Let's have some fun.

2. ibute21

ibute21 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I'm no photographer but I'll see what I can come up with!! I'll post when I get home, I'm out of town right now.

3. newknif

newknif Banned BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    I so want to do this too. I cannot think of a single idea and I cannot motivate myself to get the camera. I will though, I will and soon. I'm a yankee doodle dandy..

4. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Ok, just had an idea... Now must execute... Let's see if I can pull it off!

5. newknif

newknif Banned BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    Can we do a video if we want?

6. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    No pics yet!

7. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013

You can do anything you want, it's about fun, and bragging rights.

8. richstag

richstag

Feb 22, 2007
    Not an entry, just trying to add to the thread. My country is red, white and blue.

[​IMG]KRG_2352 by Richstag, on Flickr

9. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Cool! Thanks, Nef.^
    Oh, Nath just sent me a Coyote Tan handle scale for my HD7. I'll have to get a pic up. :)
    Thank you, Nath.
    rolf

10. newknif

newknif Banned BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  11. ericzhao517

ericzhao517

May 25, 2013
    Whats more patriotic than your barber using only USA made tools including his knife!?
    [​IMG]

12. Silvanus

Silvanus

May 17, 2012
    The last time I wore this uniform was July 19, 2009. Any Marine knows the Corps wasn't always fun or easy, but I still miss it. Semper Fi to all the Bladeforums Devil Dogs.

[​IMG]

13. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013

You're image is great, you caption information tells your story well, and makes point with me. Job well done.

14. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013
    What is more American that a U.S. Marine. Now did out your Dress Blue if you still have them, and get ready for the next Birthday Party on November 10, 2014. Number 239 I think.

15. Silvanus

Silvanus

May 17, 2012
    I still have my dress blues, they would probably be a little snug if I tried to put them on. You are correct, 239 years this year

16. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

17. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013
    I love that picture, now may I ask what you flew, or here crew on, and off what?

18. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Everything except the wings were my step-dad's. I don't know where the wings came from, but they weren't his (bad eyes).

19. newknif

newknif Banned BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    Oh man, my entry sucks. Pennypincher, can I have more than one entry? I had that basic background set up for something else and then remembered this contest.

I wanted to show you guys the black on red hardware too so I grabbed that ribbon and took three quick shots. I see what Pennypincher means about a theme a little better thanks to the other awesome entries so far. I'll do another entry if I could.

I know mine is no effort now.

20. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013

Enter away more images the merrier, I see three images I like. But am not say which one is a bell ringer. Too bad I am not offering some prize I am sure there would be a few more entries.