1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos: Daily WIP thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 6, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    As I work on different projects and finish them I'll post them up here!

Finished this up yesterday, Sebenza with a custom Ti stud, orange peeled scales, sandblasted, then bronze heat anodized. Has a nice feel!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Working on a Mike Norris Damascus reblade today! Got it fit to the frame, tomorrow will be grinding and finishing the flats

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    blade has been ground, polished and etched, now for the final edge and assembly tomorrow!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    all assembled and sharpened up!
    [​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, AntDog, luethge and 7 others like this.
  5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just finished up a bronze lightning strike carbon fiber show side scale (that's a mouthful! lol) for this Neil Blackwood Mini Skirmish!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. haayema

haayema Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Your work is epic Josh!

7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just knocked this regrind out today! was really thick behind the edge but not any more ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    just got back a bunch from the laser/machine shop! Can't wait to get these back from ht now so I can start finishing some out :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Few I just recently finished up!

New damasteel pocket clip to match the inlays
    [​IMG]

Hinderer Halftrack w/ a bi-tone DLC finish and mirror edge

[​IMG]

matte black DLC w/ serrations re-done after the coating

[​IMG]

10. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Well Saturday I had to disassemble my mill and clean the ways and such, ugh, took all day but finally got it nice and clean and smooth again!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    modded some esee-5 scales the other day! sooo much more comfortable now haha

[​IMG] [​IMG]

tyyreaun, woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Sorry I haven't been posting a ton of pics lately guys, been pretty swamped! Got 4 regrinds knocked out recently...

[​IMG]

13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    An auction for this paring knife I made is live over on IG so check it out!

[​IMG]

14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    sorry I haven't been on here a ton guys, been super swamped! just won an auction on a used surface grinder so going to get that monday!

Anyway, here's a little of what I've been up to :)

1400lbs on this baby!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Congrats on the grinder. You're going to be cranking out customs in no time!!!

16. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    man... my weekend and first 2.5 days of this week has been consumed w/ getting this surface grinder in my shop! It was a nightmare lol. monday nothing went right and we ended up not being able to get it which meant I had to extend my rental on the pallet jack I had by a day, fortunately my dad and brother were still able to help me the next day (tuesday) with my dad's bobcat w/ forks.

Just as we got it home it started to rain so I had to throw a tarp over it until it let up, then we were able to fit it through my custom short double door into my shop lol. oh yeah, that is after we had to block up under the floor to reinforce that first. Anyway, here's a few shots!

cleared out some shop space first!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Doesn’t Look like any fun, a lot of for thought made it happen, but should be well worth it.:)

18. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Building you and your families future...nice job!

19. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Finished this up a few days ago!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Stang Bladeworks

Stang Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2018
    This is a very cool thread. Everything looks awesome.