Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Thanks Coop for your continuous updating of this thread with beautiful images.

I just need to remember to check it every few days. Though stickies are meant to keep subjects in front of us they are very easily overlooked.

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin. If you pay attention to whether the post is read or not (by the title being bold on your monitor screen, identified by your set of cookies), you will always see if there is an update.

Not necessarily if the end poster is still the same. That might be me with yet another post. :p

I have been watching the 'Views' and even with few comments the views increase daily. (I never said one should not post in this thread. In fact aren't we about discussion?)

Thank you!

Coop

Coop, have you ever thought about putting together some of your favorite pictures along with some anecdotes in a book? You should.

Coop, have you ever thought about putting together some of your favorite pictures along with some anecdotes in a book? You should.

I suggested that last year... I second this ! Coop's photos deserve to get printed, I think.

Thanks for the support on this. Of course I have. I have enough images to fill five books.

That said, what makes for a compelling read are not just clear photos. It's about capturing trends, likenesses, variety, classics, great examples, and obscure pieces. And more.

Last year my 'part-time' job (photography) exceeded my full-time in hours. I laughingly state I have (2) full-time jobs. I do!

To spend the time on a book and write about the entries is simply an undertaking I cannot make time for easily. It's a skill set that I would have to develop (Having decent photographs does not make one a decent editor).

My family has been shortchanged in my working absence and I am not so sure I want another year of forced workload. So, I am rambling, but you see why I am hesitant.

That said, there ARE good quality, low-volume publishing sites for photographers, which offer desktop software to create display formats and areas for text. If I choose to spend time on this, I would start with this method.

In the meantime, I will just archive all my hi-res files while I consider that opportunity. :thumbup:

Coop

Man Coop. You sure can shoot. What a fine collection of knives to have handled.

I don't care who you are--these Brends are impressive!

orig.jpg

Jot Khalsa remains true to his Sikh heritage and is offering this classic in a less-fancy modern rendition.

orig.jpg

Chuck Schuette is from Maryland. That said, this should give you the clues for the intention of this different tool. :confused: It's the fifth in his series.

orig.jpg

Let me know.

Coop

Chuck Schuette is from Maryland. That said, this should give you the clues for the intention of this different tool. :confused: It's the fifth in his series.

orig.jpg

Let me know.

Coop

Well since Chuck's from Maryland, I expect he calls it a "crab knife", however I would call it an "oyster shucking knife". Would be suitable for either.

Those Brends ARE impressive! Thanks for sharing all the diverse work that goes through your hands, Coop. Always a joy!

- Joe

Well since Chuck's from Maryland, I expect he calls it a "crab knife", however I would call it an "oyster shucking knife". Would be suitable for either.
DING! We have a winner.

That's exactly what it is. The great Chesapeake Bay dominates much of the Maryland coastline.

Coop

That tight ladder damascus really accentuates the aggresive grind on that middle Brend. Impressive indeed.

Roger

I hear he is not in great health. :(

This particular folder has been in my collection for years. It was time to reshoot it. Mark Zalesky (Editor/Knife World) asked for any of Stan's work, as he is doing an article on him soon.

orig.jpg

Since it was mine, I decided to jazz it up with more color.

There is no maker who's knife opens and closes with such ease. One of his hallmarks in a gent's folder.

Coop

I like that colorful background, Coop. Looks good.

I hear he is not in great health. :(

This particular folder has been in my collection for years. It was time to reshoot it. Mark Zalesky (Editor/Knife World) asked for any of Stan's work, as he is doing an article on him soon.

orig.jpg

Since it was mine, I decided to jazz it up with more color.

There is no maker who's knife opens and closes with such ease. One of his hallmarks in a gent's folder.

Coop

Coop, what's the handle material? I ask as it seems it could one of several.

Hi Kevin. I don't know. :confused: It's a lovely ivory of some form. It's been years, and I did not take good notes. ;)

Coop

Lets call it Woolly Walrus.

That background is SWEET. I also like the vertical look of the picture. I've always liked Stan's knives too.

Those Brends ROCK! and the Fujisaka is a sweet looking knife too. Looks like mammoth ivory to me.

Peter

Back