1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

pigsticker challenge????

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by kalama, Jul 13, 2011.

1. kalama

kalama

Feb 27, 2008
    show me your pigsticker or hog hunting knife,,i would like to see what other hunters use?? an if you never hunted hogs with a blade,just show me what you would take with you??your ideal pigsticker??,,,i also been thinking of starting a pig sticker knife challenge to all the knife makers,,JUST THINKING,,nothing final,i got the idea from the bushcraft knife challenge,i belong to the hawaii pig hunters association an i was talking to some long time members that i personally know an asked if they be interested in testing some knives,on there pighunts...the only problem is i have no time,,but if another member wants to take this idea an run with it please do ,i think this would be very interesting..
    here are some of my knives i used over the years,but this first two pics the m95 ranger knife ,an the koyote's are my all time favorite,,,there are so many other great knives i used over the years that i dont have any pics of,,busse,randalls,kabar,lonesomepine battle bowie,rat,coldsteel,,ect....i lost so much pics when my computer crashed...enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. cramsey3006

cramsey3006

Aug 2, 2010
    I've got a Kabar Baconmaker in storage. One of these days I'll get the money and the gonads to put it to it's intended use. LOL.

3. devilpig

devilpig

Mar 23, 2010
    Hog hunting was one of the intended uses I had planned for my recent BK9 that I modified. Hopefully it will see some use soon:

[​IMG]

4. kalama

kalama

Feb 27, 2008
    thats an awesome bk9 makes me wish i never traded mine,thinking of getting the becker magnum camper,,man you must hear this alot,but if you ever want to get rid of that knife put me on the list

5. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Hey kalama,
    I bought that blue-handled Bill Siegle knife from you. How come that never worked well for you as a pig sticker?

6. devilpig

devilpig

Mar 23, 2010
    Haha well I've got a fair amount of time and thought wrapped up in it...so I doubt i will ever part with it. Hopefully it will last me for a LONG time.

7. kalama

kalama

Feb 27, 2008
    for the siegle love the blade shape,but i didnt care for the handle

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  8. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Nice to see the BK-9's. I've never been hog hunting, but if I get the invite, I'm ready.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. j man

j man

Aug 1, 2010
    Swedish Mauser Bayonet. Cant beat it .

10. Guyon

Mar 15, 2000
    The Yugo SKS bayonet should work too.

[​IMG]

11. protourist

protourist Have you ever caught me lying to you before? Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    [​IMG]
    This little guy would be my choice. It's been around the block a few times and is still razor sharp.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  12. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    I agree with you. The butt flares out too much for me as well. I bought a knife from Bill that originally had the same grip shape and asked him to reduce it for me. He did so and it feels much better compared to the pig-sticker he made for you. Bill said that he'll modify his grip design a bit as a result.

13. kalama

kalama

Feb 27, 2008
    Could you post a pic of that knife CWL man I miss that blade,that's one of the knives I wish I never let go,I should have just fix the handle

14. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    Love that BK9 devilpig.
    This is one I hope to try out next year. 9" of 1/4" thick CPM S35 VN.
    Scott

[​IMG]

15. devilpig

devilpig

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks! Coming from you that means a lot, I love your work as well.

16. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    I think this one would work~

[​IMG]
    By pitdog2010 at 2011-07-17

17. panch0

panch0

Jun 16, 2008
    I am gonna use this one in October.
    1/4" 1084 and TX Mesquite

[​IMG]

18. Guyon

Mar 15, 2000
    [​IMG]

19. kalama

kalama

Feb 27, 2008
    aloha pancho thats a nice looking blade you got there,wow pitdog that blade will down some nice hogs is that a mineral mountian

20. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I just picked up a Blackjack Model 7, AND I'm gonna be moving to Texas . . . hogs, look out!! :D