Pocket Blades

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by Redmeadow Knives, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    He has some interesting patterns, this is one of my favorites and was really glad to see Jared pick it.

G.L. Hansen and Sons on Instagram

2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Now for the final finish on this denim, the blue on both of these is really nice.

Though I'm gonna have to charge an extra fee for getting this song stuck in my head because of it. That's just mean:D

3. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    @JB in LV & @Belloc you guys are up next. No rush but let me know your material preference, right or left hand and DM or email me an address. Let me know if you have any questions and we'll get things sorted.

@Crazy Canuck & @Ajack60 you guys won't be far behind, I have yours heat treated and ready to handsand.

Thanks everyone and if anyone needs out of the Dibs for whatever reason just say the word, I'm easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Crazy Canuck and RayseM like this.
  4. greatscoot

greatscoot Would you like a Fresca? Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    To say I'm excited on getting closer is an understatement. These have been coming out great John! That last one pictured is truly stunning :)

mitch4ging and Redmeadow Knives like this.
  6. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I think I said the same thing!

Good to hear and Thanks Craz... got a first name?:cool:

7. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    It's Mike.

mitch4ging likes this.
  8. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Wow that starry night is amazing!

9. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm terrible with names but I'll remember that. Thanks Mike.

mitch4ging likes this.
  10. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    It is some pretty cool stuff!

11. Ron L

Ron L Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Pretty cool is an understatement. That would be the prettiest non-safe-queen that I have. :thumbsup:

12. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Take a look at his website Ron, his scales are $30 with free shipping and some of them are large enough to get two sets out of one piece. If you find one you like I can check the measurements and the pattern and let you know if it I could get two sets out of it. Just food for thought.

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  13. greatscoot

Jul 21, 2012
    That's some amazing stuff. I may have to have another knife made, just to use some of those patterns.

14. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
  15. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Thanks Scott!

16. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Etching the spines is next.

Did this color turn out crisp or what?
    IMG_20200602_171345_876-01.jpeg
    Thanks @Dopic1 for the material, you da man.

@greatscoot

17. greatscoot

Jul 21, 2012
    That is pure and simple understated beauty.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    mitch4ging and Dopic1 like this.
  18. Dopic1

Dopic1 Irredeemable wood purveyor Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    My pleasure John, that is absolutely amazing looking!

greatscoot and mitch4ging like this.
  19. Ron L

Ron L Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Yikes, there’s some cool stuff there. The Idaho Mudwood stood out and the Brown Geode looks intriguing for patterned stuff but I’m not sure how the pattern on the Brown Geode would translate to a smaller handle. Some make my eyes go o_O

20. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    I think you're right on the Brown Geode, and the ones that ate too geometric might not flow well. Patterns like the Idaho Mudwood, Starry Night and ones like that are curvy enough to swim in the handle and look good. Some of the solids are nice too but we've got plenty of options of linen micarta and richlite here at the shop.