The Cowbell Build Thread

Hmmm, this may call for a cleanup in aisle 3...

...Why I oughta...

:D

greatscoot greatscoot SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak we're epoxied and I'll be shaping handles tomorrow.

Scott I need to know of you're Right or Left handed and an address.

Jared I have your info logged in my "Creepy stuff I know about the Clan of the Cowbell" book complete with pictures. Which reminds me, you should get that mole looked at, just saying....:eek:

I'll also need your guys final answers on the sheaths. And as always, let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Right-handed as I texted you. And that's a scab on my leg, not a mole. :p

(I was laying in the hammock at the lake when I got John's text... ;))
IMG_5488.jpg

Man, that looks GREAT!!! :cool:

It is some pretty cool stuff!
I lucked out on the block I bought. I like it MUCH better than the one that's for sale now!

Mine:
IMG_5158.JPG

Current:
IMG_5454.JPG

Etching the spines is next.

Did this color turn out crisp or what?
View attachment 1351934
Thanks Dopic1 Dopic1 for the material, you da man.

greatscoot greatscoot
I do like that blue. I'm sure someone else would too.

Blues brothers etched and ready for leather
View attachment 1352356
Awesome. Just awesome! :cool: :thumbsup:

Star light, starry night,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight

I know why you go dark making sheaths I spent 6 hours cutting good leather into scraps working on a pocket sheath for one of my knives.
Brother you ain't a kiddin! I've killed a few cows with nothin to show for it. Having a pattern for these helps but every time I break out the leather I gotta give myself a pep talk... it's like "Ok here we go, we got this". Then 146 known cusswords and 31 newly made up cusswords later, it's done!

Brother you ain't a kiddin! I've killed a few cows with nothin to show for it. Having a pattern for these helps but every time I break out the leather I gotta give myself a pep talk... it's like "Ok here we go, we got this". Then 146 known cusswords and 31 newly made up cusswords later, it's done!
You would never know any of that based on your finished products. They're pretty damned good! :thumbsup:

I keep my Cowbell in its sheath, on a belt, on my pants - thus, when I put on my pants to go out and about (those rare occasions), my Cowbell goes with me - Know That!

I cut them out with a template but it still helps me to even up the edges on a grinder so they all match before punching holes.
20200608_181032-01.jpeg
The Christopher Walken imbued round knife helps with smooth cuts.
eCnnx3A.gif

Back