Votes: 2 8.3%
  • -------------Section 2 -----------------------------------

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES, CS should use a different material

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • NO, Secure-Ex is fine

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Okay, what are your thoughts on the glass-reinforced material used By Cold Steel for sheaths? It's been know to dull the edge more than other sheath materials.

Vote once in section 1, vote once in section 2.

Got a mini tac tanto. The sheath dulled the knife. The sheath was bulky. But the package was inexpensive so I cant complain. I ended up making my own sheath out of an old kydex sheath I had laying around.
samJqrh.jpg

Cold Steel knives have awesome design, good ergonomics, come razor sharp, hold their edge decently, take an edge easily, and are as tough as nails. And to make it even better - they're very affordable, price/quality ratio is just top notch.

Then there's something to spoil that experience - sheath with glass inside of it.

I would pay extra to get a leather sheath along with the Secure-Ex. Probably 90% of the time a leather sheath works fine for me, the Secure-Ex is nice(except for the dulling etc)for a tactical type application.
Oh, am I the only one who hates the scratches that appear on the blade no matter how often I clean the sheath?
Must be a coincidence almost all my fixed blades have factory leather sheaths......

Back