1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Price on Talwar SAN MAIII?

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by JackTheKnifeGuy, Aug 21, 2019.

1. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Cant find much info on these or how much they typically go for.
    Only one I see is on the bay for around...well too much.:(

Anyone fortunate enough to own one? Opinions?

2. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    I own one and like it very much. Purchased it when they were on clearance from Special Projects many years ago. Should have got more while they were available.

nephron and JackTheKnifeGuy like this.
  3. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    They were not cheap new either, but what a beauty.

4. Your Name Goes Here

Your Name Goes Here

Mar 28, 2018
    Make sure you know the difference between an authentic San Mai version and the fakes that are on the bay.

Authentic (usually expensive) - must have the San Mai line on the blade. Pommel is solid.

Fakes - have neither of these. Easy to tell the difference if you know what an authentic SM Talwar looks like. I have seen fakes sale for over $100 on many occasions over the years. Also, you can look on the Cold Steel website - "Company" then "Counterfeits". A version of the fake is listed there (3rd row, right side).

Hope it helps.

JackTheKnifeGuy likes this.
  5. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Make sure the pictures are clear and show close ups or skip to the next one. Lots of positive feedback is no reliable indicator for authenticity, I gave up years ago contacting the seller and/or Ebay to report fakes.