1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Pumpkin Carvin Contest

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by swonut, Sep 26, 2017.

1. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Unfortunately, the orange karda is no longer with us-- FFS, I can't find it and about 13 other stubbies and runts that still have yet to materialize from the move.... So, I'm going to remake it-- at least as close as I can and still keeping some artistic license and not infringing on the Forge and I'll make the winner one also. (Hopefully Andy will see how much this hurts and may make us all some....)

Anyhow, from now to Halloween, carve a pumpkin and post up the pictures. My daughter will choose and we'll go from there.

Here was my pumpkin from years past.

[​IMG]

2. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2017
    Serious bummer about the knives, but have faith. I moved about 18 months ago and it took about a year for everything to shake out.

3. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Swo, you should be at TR this weekend making that new pumpkin carver. Dang, feel for ya that you still haven't been able to find those blades yet. didn't you check in the crock pot in the box, that was in the other box that was behind the thing that was under the other thing? I thought you mentioned at one point you thought they may be there.

4. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I've checked everywhere, twice. Still may be a few deep hiding places and I've not totally lost hope. Just can't make the Trackrock this weekend, but I do wish I were there. May scratch out a knife this weekend to be there in spirit.

5. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Fun idea! Sorry about the missing knives, that sucks!

6. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Let's do this!

Last year's pumpkins.

[​IMG]

saucyCT, hasco, CAD and 1 other person like this.
  7. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    I got the karda profiled for the winner...

[​IMG]

Nbrackett likes this.
  8. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    Blades in the "tempering oven" which also happens to make pizza occasionally.

[​IMG]

Ya'll better start posting up some pumpkin pictures!

Nbrackett and nomotorjrr like this.
  9. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    Looks like they baked up nice in the oven... still need some hand sanding though

Remember, WINNER get's one of these Kardas and my 13 y/o daughter gets to pick the winner.

[​IMG]

Tutone and marcus52AR like this.
  10. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I’d carve a pumpkin with my kiddos and post up a pic, but they don’t have pumpkins in Bolivia!! Bummer! We could carve a watermelon :cool:

11. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    My son picked a pumpkin to carve. It’s still on the front stairs though.

Thing is, he’s insisting he gets to carve it. He’s 3 and a half.

12. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I still need to get a pumpkin.

13. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Here's some we did last year
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

saucyCT, Kirkwood and Tutone like this.
  14. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    whelp.......that's impressive
    good luck errbody, i'm out:D:D:D

lzeplin and fatboyclone like this.
  15. SA Condor

SA Condor Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2014
    LOL. If that’s the competition, I’m out before I started!

lzeplin likes this.
  16. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    Shhhhiiiiiiiii.........

Enjoy your knife @lzeplin

lzeplin likes this.
  17. Nbrackett

Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    My daughter and I carved these this afternoon.

IMG_8478.JPG IMG_8481.JPG IMG_8482.jpg IMG_8483.jpg

saucyCT, Tutone, jaz322 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Nice! Those look great. :thumbsup:

Nbrackett likes this.
  19. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
  20. Nbrackett

Nbrackett

Jun 19, 2015
    It is. She carved the little pumpkin and I carved the "jail". I think she did a great job.