Question for BM 705 owners

Two questions actually. Is the handle on the BM 705 big enough for comfortable use and secure for SD work? Also is the area where the locking bar meets the tang (in the locked position) rounded (as on the AFCK) or squared off (as on the 530). Your inputs are appreciated.

I'm not an owner, but I did handle a 705 (which is why I don't own one :) ). For me it was a 3 finger grip. I suppose it was fairly secure, but I prefer a larger knife that I can get my whole hand on. I've got pretty big hands though.
Can't help on the lock up.

Lobo103 said:
Two questions actually. Is the handle on the BM 705 big enough for comfortable use and secure for SD work? Also is the area where the locking bar meets the tang (in the locked position) rounded (as on the AFCK) or squared off (as on the 530). Your inputs are appreciated.

It wouldn't be the best SD folder due to its size. But its my favorite small folder.

The part the AXIS bar rests on is flat - like the 530 - not rounded like the 805/806 series.

For a 2.95" blade the handle is a nice size if you have medium to small hands.
My palm mesures 3.75" the handle of the 705 is 3.80", I can use all four fingers and my thub to hold on to handle as can be seen. How big are your hands?

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. rs422, thank you especially for the pictures, they helped enormously.

The 705 is as thick as the larger 710.

So you might like it, but I didn't.

Back