1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Questions concerning the Axe Hammer

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by XtianAus, Aug 11, 2016.

1. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Hi, i have a few questions around the axe hammer if someone could help me out.
    I love the aesthetics of this knife - and of course let's not forget the story behind it..

Not to mention Christmas is fast approaching, so a present to myself may be in order ;)

I am wondering:
    1.) if they are still available to be purchased?
    2.) Are the handles canvas or g10?
    3.) Any other thoughts, comments or experiences around this knife?
    Have you used it and if so how has it performed? Or is it a collectable to you?

Thanks in advance!
    Props to anyone who posts some pics of that beauty!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Contact axe tactical regarding availability
    G10 only to my knowledge
    Looks like a great tactical knife, I can't speak for its performance myself

3. Adian

Adian Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Knife hunter had some last I looked as well

4. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Are the specs on the axe hammer different than the satin jack?

5. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
  6. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    Thanks guys!

7. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016

I believe the satin jack is .5" smaller blade and maybe a tad thicker blade.

8. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    When ordered from axe tactical are they then made by busse, sent there and then sent from axe tac? Or would axe take have them kept already as stock?

9. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Did you ask them? Just contact them,, get the answers straight from them in 5 minutes,,,

10. jbs121s

jbs121s

Nov 20, 2014
    I have a couple along with several SJTAC, they are very similar and both good all arounders. Make sure and buy the sheath too if you buy a new one.

11. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Battle Grade version weighs in at 14.5 oz. with a 12 inch length overall and a point of balance at the handle fastener level with where your pointer finger sits. Mine is sharpened by Beef and can shave hairs. Great all around knife as stated. If Axelson Tactical is out then try Armslist (1 current listing).

12. Ryker

Ryker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Axelson keeps them on hand, when they run out their website will say "out of stock". They are currently selling the 2nd generation with Desert Storm G-10, the 1st Gen was Sandstorm. The Axelson site has pictures of both.
    it is very stabby, light & nimble in the hand. However, I have not used mine yet, I haven't decided if I will or not. I got mine because I'm a USMC vet of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I like the story and I like to support vets & programs that do. On a side note, I heard a rumor that there's only 50 made with the Desert Storm G-10.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    In hand, I like it a great deal....

[​IMG]

14. XtianAus

Mar 3, 2016
    That is one good looking blade there Andy

15. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    That is pretty, mind if I use the pic ?

16. ohiojerry

ohiojerry Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2005
    I bought one back in 2014 and got it pretty quickly so at least at that point they were stocking. Nice knife, strictly a collectable for me.

17. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ... You have a PM and email mate :D

18. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks Xtian!

19. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda

Jun 14, 2015
    Did they change the handle on the Limited Edition as well?