1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Quick CRK Sheath Question

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by photoman12001, Mar 14, 2017.

1. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    I've been looking for a belt sheath for my CRKs and decided to try a factory sheath. I just need to know the max belt width they will accommodate vertically and figured this is the best place to ask. I haven't been able to find that anywhere. It should be standard info just like a knife's blade length.

2. blade man

blade man Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Don't know which knife you're asking about, as that matters, but most common attachments are sized for 1.5" belts, some for 1.75" belts. If you're talking about one of the larger knives with a nylon sheath, I wouldn't be surprised if they accommodated a 2" belt.

3. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
  4. Kiteman72

Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    I have one (and like it quite a bit) and the back slot measures just at 2 inches. A 2 inch belt would be a very tight fit I would think.

I usually wear a 1 and 1/2 inch Filson belt with mine. The horizontal carry slot is narrower, and I have to use a 1 inch belt to carry it this way comfortably.

5. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    ^^^^^Thanks, that's what I needed. I often wear a belt that is 1.75" wide. I've read that the horizontal slot is only good for about an inch but couldn't find info for the vertical slot.

6. Kiteman72

Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    You're welcome. I've found it to be a fairly secure sheath, using it almost daily for 2 years or so now.

I did experiment a lot with other belt carry knives and kept coming back to my Sebenza. It will snag open if you catch it on something solid, but that's not really a sheath issue, lol.

I've even had a cop reach down and pop it open, asking "What's this?" "My pocket knife", I replied. No further questions!

7. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Which sheath, they have made 2 different styles....?

8. Kiteman72

Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    photoman put a link to it in post #3.

9. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    Kiteman72, do you carry a large, small, or both in this sheath. I plan to mainly use it for a Sebenza 25, Umnumzaan, and a couple of large 21 Sebenzas but I might try to carry some smalls in it too. I've read that you really need a lanyard on smalls to use this sheath though which I don't do for knives I carry.

10. Kiteman72

Kiteman72

Jan 22, 2015
    I use it for a large 21 exclusively at this point.

I have a small 21 I've been meaning to try in it, but just haven't yet. It almost feels like too much sheath for the small, but I will probably at least try it sometime.

11. jonnieb27

jonnieb27

Sep 13, 2008
    I bought a sheath recently and just measured it. It looks like it will take about a 1 5/8" belt if it is not too thick. 1 3/4" might be pushing it.

12. photoman12001

May 23, 2008
    I picked up a Raine #4 today for a cheaper option since I still can't quite decide what I want. It works pretty well for both the large and small CRKs. The larges are a bit snug but the smalls don't get lost in it either. It's not as nice as the CRK sheath but Raine stuff is pretty well made.

My 1-3/4" belt fits in the vertical slot but it's a bit snug. It fits perfectly in the horizontal slot.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2017