Raindrops Keep Falling On My Blade - The Evolution of Raindrop Damascus

Lone_Wolfe

Mrs G.
Platinum Member
Devin Thomas Raindrop Damascus has been around for several years now, as has a couple other patters such as Latter and Basketweave. But none of the other patterns has changes over time near as much as Raindrop. In another thread a couple people had the idea to have a thread showing all the different variants out there. So here it is.

Please post a pic of your Raindrop blade, and the birthdate of the knife if known. If the birthcard is missing, give the datecode from inside the scales. I'll start;

First one has no birthcard, and no date code. That narrows it down to late 96 of early 97, with high carbon steel.

OldRaindrop_zpsr53pycur.jpg~original

SmallRaindropUG_zpsjtzrt2gz.jpg~original

This is from a knife that was born July 27, 1999. It's coated B&W.

GCBlade_zpslfq67whi.jpg~original

GC2_zpsrxyzqvvq.jpg~original

NumberedMnandi_zps8pchs3jg.jpg~original

C-Raindrop_zpsxfj67nns.jpg~original

This Mnandi was born Sept 27, 2012. It's the same blade showing in a pic above with a Sebenza.

Rosewood_zpsokk9t6y3.jpg~original

This was born Oct 31, 2012

Blade1_zpse4az6ma6.jpg~original

MDblade_zpsoaav5xdv.jpg~original

This was born Dec 22, 2014

MammothRaindropBlade_zpskp6cclox.jpg~original

MammothRaindrop_zpsgyzue4we.jpg~original

Post yours, let's see what's out there!

Last edited:
I will dig through what I have and post. One notable mention for newbies is that the older raindrop was high carbon Damascus which had crisper and darker raindrops while stainless Damascus is mostly lighter and not as crisp.

Those are all so spectacular!! That you for sharing, and keep on sharing. :D

There are some great looking blades in this thread.
Recently I have been liking the ladder damascus some what more than the open pattern raindrop that I have been seeing on the recent knives.
I am really liking that first knife that Lone Wolfe posted. Making it pretty hard to not to step up and aquire one for myself.

I wish raindrops fell onto my current regulars. Any way you can make it rain on my blades? My current regulars are all dry.

The photos in this thread are amazing!

There are some beauties, for sure. BTW, since this thread is meant to document different Raindrop patterns, there's no reason not to post pics of knives we don't have, as long as we can also post the birthdate.

What a cool pattern on that one! Post the one you're holding out, too!

The one posted by rexromic above was born June 25, 2015.

IMG_4275_opt.jpg

IMG_4281_opt-1.jpg

And while I was visiting Fort Henry, I got out my drool rag and snagged a few more pics....

This one was born July of 2013...
IMG_4116_opt.jpg

Another from July 13, I'd love to get my hands on this blade. The graphics are no slouch either!
IMG_9344_opt.jpg

IMG_9347_opt.jpg

Here's one I found floating around online that was born December 7, 2011...
8388450314_4e981894a4_z.jpg

What a cool pattern on that one! Post the one you're holding out, too!

Here's one I found floating around online that was born December 7, 2011...
8388450314_4e981894a4_z.jpg

I will definitely soon... :)

Aw, I want that plain one with raindrops born on December 7th... Anyone knows who owns this one???

You all put my pictures to shame, but thanks LW for the cool thread. Here is my contribution, I will try to get some better images another day...

BD: Dec 20, 2014

Last edited:
Back