1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rambo V

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TAH, May 8, 2018.

1. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    Any knife recommendations for Mr. Stallone? :)

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/943773-rambo-v

[​IMG]

rexromic likes this.
  2. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Sawback Kukri!:cool:

3. ReservoirDog707

ReservoirDog707 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Maybe a walker with built in machine guns and cane swords built into each handle:D
    I watched a mini documentary on the knkfe maker, jimmy lile, who made the rambo knife, he said that his original knife was basically a normal bowie style knife, but they wanted something more aggressive that would show up on camera better, so he added in all the insane jimping and cut outs and the crazy saw teeth. He said after he made it that it was ridiculous and completely useless and without reason, but it looked great on camera:D great little documentary definately worth a watch!

jacksterp, lieferung, 19-3ben and 3 others like this.
  4. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    That would give him an unfair advantage against the cartel. :D

ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  5. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    Ruana Bowie.

6. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    I could see this. A Ruana Bowie would definitively look at home south of the border. :)

7. dirtvictim

dirtvictim

Jun 6, 2017
    Hopefully he brings Arnie in with him on it. Perhaps he could use a chainsaw? Sadly if he does a V then they will get my money.

8. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Maybe team up with Wayne Johnson. Stallone is getting a bit on the old side for action movies. After looking at the link, looks like a slight twist on the one Arnold movie.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  9. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    It is well past time for Rambo to use a pocket knife. At 71, gile and treachery will have to outdue youthful savagery.

n2s

jackknife, BBuser, Pomsbz and 2 others like this.
  10. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    No need for a partner... :)

"You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best." - Colonel Samuel Trautman

11. not2sharp

Jun 29, 1999
    It sounds like another redo of Taken.

n2s

12. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I really liked the Rambo movies but its time to quit the series, what is next Rambo VI nursing home assault?
    I am rather certain the Rambo Knife inspired the design for the Busse Battlesaw. So he should totally be using one of those.

marcinek likes this.
  13. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    The Rambo movies are just FUN! They have inspired many a kid to buy a big knife for the last 35 years. Gosh, it's been a long time.

PatrickP08, dirtvictim and TAH like this.
  14. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I think the Case Peanut has been way too absent from action movies. Rambo deserves a Peanut, and we all deserve to see Rambo use a Peanut!

15. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    I'll take a Stallone Rambo movie, every time, over 95% of Hollywood offerings today. :)

16. not2sharp

Jun 29, 1999
    Maybe, or perhaps it was an earlier design. Below we have an 1830 Russian Pioneer Sword. The sawback knife has been around for a long time.

[​IMG]

n2s

WinchesteRalox, A.L. and afishhunter like this.
  17. 22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    I think a flipper is about as manual as he would go. ;)

18. TAH

Jul 3, 2001
    A Peanut with sawteeth. :D

19. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    lol. Beat me to it. Sly is 71 so he probably has a bum hip...canes couldn't hurt.

20. not2sharp

Jun 29, 1999
    Or, he could use the original First Blood knife. I can almost see the sceen where he wipes off the rust, resharpens the knife, empties the survival items from the handle, and fill it to the top with his daily meds.

n2s

palonej, Armadew, jbmonkey and 7 others like this.