1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Re Blading a Regular Sebenza Update

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Jimbo75, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Jimbo75

Jimbo75

Dec 10, 2007
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I was under the impression that CRK was out of Regular blades for replacement but still had limited numbers for warranty purposes.

I now have a regular tanto on the way and thought I'd make an enquiry about getting a drop point replacement blade regardless of my previous thoughts, the response I got was far more promising than I expected, so I thought I'd post it here in case there were others that had been thinking that getting a regular Seb re bladed was an exercise in futility....here is CRK's response -

rexromic likes this.
  2. nickpp

nickpp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Cool!

How long before the requests start up for "can I have a damascus blade" ;)

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  3. kilogolf65

kilogolf65 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    That'd be cool. I wonder if it will look like the "bull nosed" regular blade or the pointier 21?

4. nick800

nick800 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Bet it's S35

5. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I would say that would be a good bet!

RyanRaben likes this.
  6. Birdhunter1220

Birdhunter1220 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2011
    I called again yesterday (sure they hate me calling, so I say I am Cody( just kidding) ) and yes it seems it will be S35. Still no time line as to when they will start, but it is coming up as I was told. Really, Really looking forward to getting one. I have a Lg. Regular there now getting a new detent ball and wanted to say keep it until the new blades are ready but can't be with out it for that long.

cashville and kidcongo like this.
  7. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Great news!

8. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Very exciting news indeed!! What is the primary interest in having this done? Personally, I want a small, serrated double lug regular blade made. That's not something I can get with any level of ease on the used market. I may also go for a large insingo regular blade!

9. Birdhunter1220

Birdhunter1220 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2011
    The primary reason for me (others have different reasons I am sure) is to try S35 and to replace the blade that was serrated(but not by CRK). Just dressing up my Reg. with a new blade seems fun.

10. Jimbo75

Jimbo75

Dec 10, 2007
    Edit, I just repeated myself :oops: