Real or fake blades for Casexx 1935 Knife Hatchet Set??

Hello. I'm new on here. I just bought a Casexx Tested circa 1935 knife and hatchet set with case from someone. I know the handle and case are authentic but I wanted to get some expert opinions on these blades that I am really not sure of. Can somebody tell me if these are the original blades or knock offs??

20180323_231735_zpsjxd3azdj.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Hello. I'm new on here. I just bought a Casexx Tested circa 1935 knife and hatchet set with case from someone. I know the handle and case are authentic but I wanted to get some expert opinions on these blades that I am really not sure of. Can somebody tell me if these are the original blades or knock offs??

20180323_231735_zpsjxd3azdj.jpg
[/URL]
20180323_231649_zpsg0mh6cnd.jpg
[/IMG]

Can one actually use that hatchet? I feel like it would break.

It looks good can’t imagine that it would be worth while to fake one they are pretty common

Ya that's another reason I was unsure because really cleaned and looking newer. The way I bought it
I seriously doubt that it's fake - it's not the kind of thing that fakers fake. But it looks very heavily cleaned to me. The lack of any rust/patina whatsoever is suspicious in itself, but the disappearing stamp smacks of cleaning - and "cleaning" is putting it lightly. Sanded away then buffed to a polish means that a lot of original material has been removed.

Values cannot be discussed unless you're a gold member or higher, but if you've ever watched "Pawn Stars" or "Antiques Roadshow" you'll know that most of the time "restoration" actually destroys the value of an artifact, instead of increasing the value because it looks new and shiny.

Heavily cleaned though?

Some, but all of these were chromed too. The stamp looks weak but correct. These knife-hatchet sets have a lot of o_O. They used both the Case XX stamp and the Tested stamp on the hatchet heads probably concurrently on them for many years, and then there's differences in the length of the safety lever, etc....

The Jim Sargent books are a good read on them -

http://books.google.com/books?id=LL...BpFkKHRFUCfMQ6AEIJzAA#v=onepage&q=561&f=false .

Back