1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyderco Really like my Spydie kitchen utility knives

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by TheGasMan, Jan 13, 2018.

1. TheGasMan

TheGasMan

Jan 13, 2018
    Long time lurker... I own both the regular and serrated versions and have enjoyed both. If they made a small butcher knife I'd be totally on board.

2. Danketch

Danketch

Apr 27, 2007
    How's the performance? MBS-26 steel? Frequency between sharpening? Review of them?

3. TheGasMan

TheGasMan

Jan 13, 2018
    I have yet to sharpen the serrated utility knife, however I have sharpened the plain edge one that I own. I am a very busy individual and I don't get to cook as frequently as I would like, so I personally use them 2-3 times a week. On the other hand my girlfriend uses them frequently, especially the plain edge utility knife. I tend to touch up my kitchen knives before use and the performance to me has been great for the price. I've owned them for about a year. I use a knife magnet and it currently displays a hodgepodge of different kitchen knives from different manufacturers, and the spydies seem to be my go to. I dig the mismatched look in my kitchen. I would say the edge retention is fairly good for a 30 dollar knife. I like it a lot.

4. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    I've been amazed at how good MBS-26 is. Specs are nothing out of the ordinary, but I've only touched up the 4" utility knife I got my wife for Christmas (I use it too) once.