Received Mora Eldris today with a crack on the blade

Hi folks,

Just received my Eldris today with a deep crack on the blade next to the handle, just worry it gonna fall apart when I use it. Should I get a replacement or just ignore it?

Picture attached

26083961d9f9822cacc68410591250049e2a5079.jpg

You can see the crack is actually quite deep

Update 23:11 UK GMT +0

Thank you all of your inputs and comments :p:p, finally I returned it for full refund and bought the Garberg Carbon ;);)

Last edited:
Hi folks,

Just received my Eldris today with a deep crack on the blade next to the handle, just worry it gonna fall apart when I use it. Should I get a replacement or just ignore it?

Picture attached

26083961d9f9822cacc68410591250049e2a5079.jpg

You can see the crack is actually quite deep
Looks like a deep scratch to me. Not a crack.
If you aren't happy, return it for refund or exchange, but personally, if its going to be a user I wouldn't worry about it.

I've got a couple HD companions with similar imperfections. They're not cracks in my case, yours doesn't look to be either from the pic, and haven't affected performance. I've used and abused both over the years with no issues.

If it bugs you, return it. If not then just use it. For what the Eldris costs, an absurd price if you ask me, I'd return it.

Regardless of cosmetic vs functional, I think I would still return it.

That line doesn't continue a the way to the spine, it's just a deep scratch that I'd not worry about with a Mora.

As long as you use your knife the way it was intended to be used, you probably won’t encounter anything strenuous enough to damage it.

Is there any evidence on the other side of the blade to suggest it goes all the way through? As far as I know moras are stamped out, so if there was a flaw in the bar-stock, I would suspect that the stamping processes would have left more evidence than that.
As far as cosmetics, I'm in the use it camp. Expecting perfect cosmetics from a mora is like expecting a concourse grade paint job on a new Daihatsu.

I believe this Mora is overpriced :( (just my .02), so I would return it (assuming the seller pays shipping).

Honest question, what should it cost, and what are the baseline knives to compare to?

Well a mora companion made of the same steel cost $17, weird the one with half the blade length would cost $24.

Edit- To all those that will say the price difference is because of the indifferent grind, you're probably right.
Though the grind still doesn't justify the increased price to me, either way I have no interest the Eldris.

Could the increased cost also come from smaller production batches, and the co-molded handle? My eldris also has a dressed spine, where as I thought the companions were left rough. Not to nit pick, not my intention, just curious as I have heard the "overpriced" comment a lot. As with any knife I don't think its for everyone, and I wonder if the "not for me" sorta helps weight the value proposition?

Could the increased cost also come from smaller production batches, and the co-molded handle? My eldris also has a dressed spine, where as I thought the companions were left rough. Not to nit pick, not my intention, just curious as I have heard the "overpriced" comment a lot. As with any knife I don't think its for everyone, and I wonder if the "not for me" sorta helps weight the value proposition?

I'm not sure how many eldris' are produced but it has more than double the amount of reviews compared to the mora 2000, so the eldris seems pretty popular.
The handle, spine and grind may all contribute to the cost, or maybe the cost is "high" because its an oddity and generally things like that just have a higher price because people are willing to pay it.
For me though like I said I have no interest in the eldris, the cost does not matter I wouldn't buy the eldris if it was $10 as it just doesn't appeal to me.
I much prefer my full sized mora, but to each their own.

Mora 2000-$30.
Mora Eldris-$24.
$6's shorter.
I like mine.

Orange mora 2000 is $26 on amazon.

Just throw it away, it’ll just be more overpriced if you send it back.

I wish they made eldris with 1/2 longer blade and spear blade. Eldris as it is now is just all belly and it pissed me off. Also get rid of the secondary bevel. Cute knife but pain to use. Companion is much better value and you wont feel it in your neck if you insist it carrying that way.

Back