Refinish Diamond Plate Sebenza Question

I have recently seen some pics of the Diamond Plate Sebenza and I really like the way it looks, but I do have one question...

The scale is bead-blasted, but the recessed areas of the diamond plate pattern are polished, does this mean that the knife could NOT be re-bead blasted by CRK if it were to get scratched? That is one of the things I love about my plain Jane Sebenzas; no matter how much they get scratched or show wear, they can always be sent back to be made as good as new.

I cannot figure out how this would work with a Diamond Plate Sebenza. Any attempt to re-bead blast the scale seems like it would not only soften the corners of the design, but also take away all of the polished areas.

Any insight is greatly appreciated :)

You are correct, bead blasting would not be a standard offering of the spa for diamond plate.

You are correct, bead blasting would not be a standard offering of the spa for diamond plate.

Thanks for your reply...
So, if the bead blasted factory finish on the scale is ever scratched, there is no way to remove those scratches? If scratches are permanent, then that will probably significantly affect my decision.

It's just like all of the CGG finishes, really difficult to fix.
I will say this, I ECD a StarBenza and it's a good suggestion for you, as an alternative, or to point out that I always have it in the sheath and it looks mint after over 4 months. If you put the diamond plate in a sheath it will also hold up perfectly well.

Hi folks
Old thread I know, but I won a “new unused” Diamond Plate Sebenza in that online auction site this week, only to find it is actually quite used with carry marks, snail trails, surface scratches etc. Seller has agreed to take it back and I thought I’d look into sending it back to CRK instead when the OPs question occurred to me also. I guess there’s no way to fill-in the diamond pattern with some sort of epoxy or filler to protect it from beadblasting, then removing it later?

Anyway, the diamond plate doesn’t look all that bad even with some wear but I wish seller represented its condition more accurately.

I actually had my eyes on that one and almost bid on it but held off because I had already bid on a large box elder (that I did end up winning). If I recall correctly the only thing that looked off in the pictures was that the lanyard seemed to show wear but I wasn’t sure if that was just due to the age.
I hope you end up getting that baby back to a condition you would be happy with for the price... maybe they can refund partial to make things right.
I’m interested to see what CRK says about this.

I seem to remember seeing posts that people have had good results sending uniques and CGG back for R&R. I would call and see what they say.

Well I called CRK this week. The short of it is they can spa treat the lockside but the diamond plate side is a no-go. The polished crevices precludes refinishing. I would think CGGs with unpolished portions would be ok though.

Last edited:
I don't think that it's not possible but it would be very expensive to do. Diminishing returns & such. The process would involve blasting & milling; costing more than what the knife would be worth in the end.

Couldn't you fill the diamonds with a hard wax, sand blast and then melt the wax out of the scales when finished? I suppose it could end up a sloppy mess.

Well diamondplate was returned to seller, never did ask for a price adjustment and none was offered and I figured it was easier for both parties too. Got a notice from evil auction site that seller refunded me, great! While reading up on that notice evil auuction site also tells me that the very same knife was just relisted. Within 5-10 minutes of that relisting it sold, this time to a very good buyitnow price. Congrats to new owner, the diamondplate looks great with a worn look IMO

Back