Reformed Lurker with a Potential Addiction

Hello all.

I have been a lurker on Blade Forums for a while, but decided to formally join. I've been spending a lot of time researching knives lately. I had a ZT 0770CF stolen from my truck, recently, and not only replaced that knife but bought more than I should admit in the last week (a few custom Benchmade Mini Crooked Rivers for gifts, a Paramilitary 2, a ZT 0850, a Kershaw Leek, and a Spyderco Magnitude). I have a thing for carbon fiber knives (I almost bought a Benchmade Nakamura, but that would be four CF knives in a week). This morning I found myself about ready to pull the trigger on a Wicked Edge sharpener, but I showed some restraint. It won't last.

I have interacted with a few of you makers and retailers in the past as I coordinate a fundraiser auction each year to support a local Boy Scout troop here in Las Vegas. Thanks for your support in the past. Everyone has always been very kind and I look forward to learning from you and being a part of the forum. In addition to knives, I enjoy guns and flashlights.

Congrats on the splurge of knife purchases. Too bad people suck (ZT).

I'd like to see those custom crooked minis.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome! I share the carbon fiber love.

Welcome. I am relatively new to Blade Forums myself, and have found it to be a great and supportive community. I have learned a tremendous amount in a short period of time, across a wide spectrum of knife related subjects that have always really interested me.
Also, I purchased two Winkler Knives folders this week and a belt adapter for the sheath of my Winkler Woodsman, plus a Wiha 65 piece tool kit to better work on all the knives I already own. My sister got me in the family holiday raffle, and I had her pick me up an Ontario Rat 1 in carbon fiber. And I am already planning what I'll be able to do with my 'Christmas money'. Besides fellow forum members, I feel like, "Who else am I going to share that with?", and be able to discuss how they perform, other's experiences with these knives, etc.
It sounds like good work you're doing with the Boy Scouts there. Enjoy.

+1 for wanting to see pictures of those custom mini crooked rivers!

You need to sneak into SHOT Show...one can see many of the knife makers there as well as firearms.
Do you do the Vegas Antique Arms show in January? Hell of a show. Very high end, nothing but quality items.

Hello all.

I have been a lurker on Blade Forums for a while, but decided to formally join. I've been spending a lot of time researching knives lately. I had a ZT 0770CF stolen from my truck, recently, and not only replaced that knife but bought more than I should admit in the last week (a few custom Benchmade Mini Crooked Rivers for gifts, a Paramilitary 2, a ZT 0850, a Kershaw Leek, and a Spyderco Magnitude). I have a thing for carbon fiber knives (I almost bought a Benchmade Nakamura, but that would be four CF knives in a week). This morning I found myself about ready to pull the trigger on a Wicked Edge sharpener, but I showed some restraint. It won't last.

I have interacted with a few of you makers and retailers in the past as I coordinate a fundraiser auction each year to support a local Boy Scout troop here in Las Vegas. Thanks for your support in the past. Everyone has always been very kind and I look forward to learning from you and being a part of the forum. In addition to knives, I enjoy guns and flashlights.
Welcome!

Careful you don't ruin yourself. It's easy to do.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks guys. I haven’t gotten into Shot Show or Vegas Antique Arms, yet. Shot is definitely on my list and will have to look into VAA. I don’t know how to post a pic here yet, but the mini crooked rivers are mostly silver/grey with 20CV steel in satin, and a wood handle. Added some blue accent with the backspace and pivot bushing. Triplets.

Welcome.

Now grab your wallet with both hands and run as far from here as you can. Now. Go! :D

Since you aren't listening to my advice, what's next?

Next? I want to wait for these to show up and see what I like most. But... I just saw the Stars and Stripes knives at USA Made Blade on another post and I feel like I NEED one of those for me. It would also be an awesome item for our scout auction, if anybody knows the owner and can put in a good word.

Oh I remember that euphoria... Best advice I have is "pace yourself". Take your time and evaluate. Let your bumper crop of knives come in and see what you think.

You've got the rest of your life to enjoy this sickness. No need to start ordering more stuff before the stuff you ordered comes in. Take it easy hoss, enjoy.

Back