• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Regrinding Services Offered

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have done several regrinds on Spyderco folders and Spyderco Mules as well as other custom and production knives. I do only flat grinds, no hollow, and I am working on gaining proficiency doing convex grinding.

If you have any work you would like to have done, feel free to shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Big Chris

This guy and I had what I consider to be the ideal exchange. I contacted him about having some work done, he responded, he did an amazing job, quickly, and didn't charge an arm and a leg.

First, I had an EX-02 that had been the subject of a passaround. The tip was completely screwed, the blade had been VERY poorly sharpened by a number of people - including the use of a pull-through sharpener. No, really, on a passaround knife. A pull-through. The blade was shot in a lot of ways. I tried to fix it, but there was a wave in the blade and I just didn't have the equipment to fix it. So, I asked him if he could restore the tip and put a 30-degree inclusive edge on it.

Behold, the EX-02 in its restored majesty:

(I apologize for my terrible low-light phone pictures. Trust me, it's a gorgeous nigh-mirror edge and a very pointy tip.)

Note how his tip-fixing blends seamlessly into the spine of the knife. Top notch work. The blade was so sharp that I accidentally cut myself doing a hair-shaving test. I had just gotten a wicked edge a couple days before the knives got back and thought I had redefined what I thought was acceptably sharp. I was putting edges on my knives that were WAY better than the factory edges.

And then I test the edge on the knife he sharpened. I was actually depressed about how much better his edge was. It was a far keener edge than I could ever have imagined. I'm excited to have this beast back into the rotation, especially now that it's basically a brand new knife.

Next, I had a DLC Junkyard Dog I felt the flipper was unnecessarily large on, and might as well just be a choil if it's not going to be cutting surface. Also, the pocket clip. That stupid pocket clip.

Pictures of a stock DLC Junkyard dog here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Edition-Black-DLC-Serial-Numbered-PICS-ADDED

I had already anodized the clip bronze so that it would be less noticeable against the black slacks I wear at work, but it was still just FAR too big. I asked if he could re-shape the pocket clip and put a choil on theblade, leaving the flipper functional and the cutting edge as untouched as possible.

Gorgeous.

Do not hesitate to work with this guy. Reasonable, professional, and very skilled.

Big Chris is the Man! I have a lot of nice knives but the ones I got from him are the sharpest. Russ

I sent Chris a William Henry that needed a sharpening notch and edge correction and I got it back quickly and for a reasonable rate. The work was first rate and his communication is great!

Back