• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

REK Ember, Osprey K&T “K” Raptor, & Stuart Davenport Paring Knife

Comprehensivist

Platinum Member
For Sale: REK Ember

I just received this knife last Friday from Josh at Razor Edge Knife for my pre-order from last year. It is a great little EDC blade, but I have determined the handle is not a good fit for me, so I am making it available here. The knife is unused except for taking photos for the ad.

Here are the specs from Josh’s website as they apply to this knife
  • OAL ~ 6 1/8"
  • Stock Thickness ~1/8"
  • Blade length: ~2.5"
  • Steel type: CPM Cruwear (63-64rc)
  • Ground to less than .010" thick behind the edge, at 12-13 dps
  • Scales are sculpted coconut fiber micarta
  • Green kydex sheath with optional Discreet Carry Concepts clip (reversible for right or left hand carry.)
  • Crowned spine for comfort
  • Flat ground
Price: $SOLD

I am not looking for any trades at this time.

The price includes Paypal Goods & Services fees and domestic USPS Priority shipping with Signature required tracking. Your delivery address must match what’s on your Paypal account because I want to print a USPS Priority shipping label on Paypal. Do not pay with F&F or I will return your money and move on to the next buyer.

First unconditional "I'll take it" response posted in this thread or sent through forum PM has priority to buy.

Buyer must be of legal age and is responsible to know and follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and guidelines.

Thanks for looking!

Phil

i-2WX42j8-XL.jpg

i-gMHjcKd-XL.jpg

i-CnjhKGK-XL.jpg

i-Lt6F2JZ-XL.jpg

Last edited:
For Sale: Osprey Knife & Tool “K” Raptor

This is a rare variation in the OK&T Raptor line-up. This is the second of only three “K” Raptors that Chris made before he further modified the design into the “K2” version with even more handle lift. The “K” Raptor provides just enough finger clearance to use the cutting edge all the way back on a cutting board (for users with average size fingers.)

i-c6P8Ksd-XL.jpg

Here is the original ad text from 01/17/2017:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/osprey-k-t-sales-thread-01-17-17-sold-out.1463082/

Raptor (K Variant)-
3/32" (.099) CPM154 Tapered Tang
LVA Carbon Fiber over Black w Red accent liner
OAL 8 1/4"
Blade 4 1/8"
3.52oz

I have kept this knife in new & unused condition since I got it because so few were made in the original “K” configuration. I had a custom slotted sheath made for it by Dave Ferry (a.k.a. “Horsewiright”) just in case I ever wanted to start carrying it someday. That day never happened, but the sheath is included in the deal.

Now that I am in the season of life where letting go of safe queens seems the right thing to do, I am ready to make this one available to a new owner.

Price: (was $360) --> Now $300 for the knife & sheath. I am not looking for any trades at this time.

The listed price includes Paypal Goods & Services fees and domestic USPS Priority shipping with Signature required tracking. Your delivery address must match what’s on your Paypal account because I want to print a USPS Priority shipping label on Paypal. Do not pay with F&F or I will return your money and move on to the next buyer.

First unconditional "I'll take it" response posted in this thread or sent through forum PM has priority to buy.

Buyer must be of legal age and is responsible to know and follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and guidelines.

Thanks for looking!

Phil

i-b5HsSmC-XL.jpg

i-x44vNMw-XL.jpg

i-GzjHdXd-XL.jpg

i-RRL56HB-XL.jpg

i-Fcbmp5Q-XL.jpg

i-gCq8t84-XL.jpg

That Raptor knife is nice. I'd snap it up if the blade were longer...BUT that Horsewright sheath is spectacular. I've had his belt and sheath and
there is nothing else like it, AFAIK... Horsewright posts a lot here on the "Sheaths and Such" forum...

That Raptor knife is nice. I'd snap it up if the blade were longer...BUT that Horsewright sheath is spectacular. I've had his belt and sheath and
there is nothing else like it, AFAIK... Horsewright posts a lot here on the "Sheaths and Such" forum...

Thanks for the kind words. I agree with your thoughts on the Horsewright Horsewright sheath. Dave is super talented and willing to take on some difficult or challenging projects. He has made about a dozen sheaths for me over the last couple years. I was just up to visit him last week to pick up a couple of knives & sheaths I ordered. He and Nichole are good folks.

Last edited:
For Sale:

Stuart Davenport (a.k.a. “samuraistuart”) Paring knife with black G10 over white pinstripes. The steel is 1/16” thick 15N20 @ 63 Rc with a flat grind. The handle is 4-1/2” and the blade 3.20” with a 3.375” cutting edge. No sheath.

I sent this knife to Stuart for a spa treatment a few months back. I have not used it since it came back. It has a few very tiny patina spots. I have a couple of these Paring knives and only need one, so I letting this one go to fund other projects.

Price: SOLD

I am not looking for any trades at this time.

The price includes Paypal Goods & Services fees and domestic USPS Priority shipping with Signature required tracking. Your delivery address must match what’s on your Paypal account because I want to print a USPS Priority shipping label on Paypal. Do not pay with F&F or I will return your money and move on to the next buyer.

Thanks for looking!

Phil

i-sXq84Bv-XL.jpg

i-Pq36Nfv-XL.jpg

Last edited:

there's a sheath forum?? I've never seen that. Just looked for it, did not see it. I need a couple sheaths.

Back