Removing pocket clip Lrg Seb 21 . . .

expidia1

Gold Member
Search turns up nothing for me. On my other Sebs the clips popped off easily. The seb that came in today I'm trying to replace it with an MX Gear deep carry clip, yet the OEM one won't budge.

Knife is only 4 years old and well kept so its not like its corroded in there. Anyone know a trick to getting it off without bending or scratching it up?

Thx

Last edited:
My clip barely came out on my Inkosi . I used a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth to gently pry it off.

That has been standard for all my CRK 's.

I purchased a clip insert and I don't think I will ever use the thing. Clip carry is so convenient.

Last edited:
Thanks BB, ya thats what it looks like I'm going to have to do. I tried a plastic letter opener and it wouldn't budge. So I figured best to ask. Maybe a few drops of penetrating oil and let it sit overnight. Its the gold leaf verision and a beautiful specimen of a CRK!

Thanks BB, ya thats what it looks like I'm going to have to do. I tried a plastic letter opener and it wouldn't budge. So I figured best to ask. Maybe a few drops of penetrating oil and let it sit overnight. Its the gold leaf verision and a beautiful specimen of a CRK!

If you wrap a screw driver, hex tool or whatever you feel comfortable with you will be fine.

Place your thumb and tool as shown then pry. The thumb pressure in that spot keeps the clip from deforming.

Yes this a barbaric example.

IMG_20180502_180242~2.jpg

Ok thanks. I have some small plastic prybar type tools. I'll give those a shot in that area you are pointing to.

The clips are often quite stubborn to remove. I wrap several loops of butcher type string around the pocket clip as near the pocket clip screw as possible. Put the knife on a flat surface, press down on the knife and pull hard on the loops of string (pulling up and away from the front of the knife).

Have yet to not be able to remove one with this method.

haha the butcher string wrapped several times way up near the screw hole broke twice due to the clips sharp edges. I know I could have wrapped some tape around the clip before trying again, but that sucker was really on there.
Bellas trick just worked though. I put a few drops of nano oil on the clip part and used a screwdriver blade wrapped in thin cloth. Put it in that upper spot and slowly twisted the blade and it finally popped and with no damage!
Deep carry clip is on now and I'm good to go.
Thx guys!

haha the butcher string wrapped several times way up near the screw hole broke twice due to the clips sharp edges. I know I could have wrapped some tape around the clip before trying again, but that sucker was really on there.
Bellas trick just worked though. I put a few drops of nano oil on the clip part and used a screwdriver blade wrapped in thin cloth. Put it in that upper spot and slowly twisted the blade and it finally popped and with no damage!
Deep carry clip is on now and I'm good to go.
Thx guys!

Nice. I gently sanded the edges of the clip insert area after adjusting my clip. It is still super tight but pops out easier now.

Just had another seb 21 delivered yesterday. Tip of a screwdriver wrapped. Inserted under clip part closet to the screw, held the other end down with thumb, slight twist of screwdriver and Walla :cool:
Thanks again for the responses.

Last edited:
dmEvRaD.jpg

Back