1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River of Fire + Pale Moon Ebony = ??

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by --SG--, Jul 7, 2018.

1. --SG--

--SG-- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2016
    In the beginning, forty-four CRKs bore River of Fire blades and Syringa inlays. They were ten large Sebenzas, seventeen small Sebenzas, and seventeen Mnandis. And it was good.

It came to pass that CRK obsessives later learned of two additional River of Fire blades made in the Mnandi size along with the canonical seventeen. Collectors put the two into handles with inlays of California buckeye and mammoth bark. Eventually they joined the collection of The Mnandi King, Falco57. And it was good.

It came to pass that I learned of one additional River of Fire blade made in the small Sebenza size along with the canonical seventeen. It joined my collection, and so began my search for a handle. (Given that CRK did not join this blade to a handle, a Frankenbenza was inevitable.) I wanted a handle in which the two inlays were of markedly different colors, to emphasize the impression in the blade of two different materials mixing.

It came to pass that at Blade Show 2017, CRK sold a special, limited series of knives with inlays of Pale Moon Ebony. They were sixteen large Sebenzas, nineteen small Sebenzas, and nineteen Mnandis. And it was good.

And finally it came to pass this year that a new-in-box Pale Moon Ebony small Sebenza joined my collection, with inlays of markedly different colors. Man, was it good!

[​IMG]

I thought it was a nice coincidence that there are now eighteen small Sebenzas with River of Fire blades, and eighteen Pale Moon Ebony small Sebenzas with plain blades.

I must also point out that the manufacturing quality and tolerances at CRK are so good that this blade from 2010 and handle from 2017 fit together perfectly, hand in glove. It operates, locks, and unlocks just as if it left the factory this way.

Here it is with the rest of my River of Fire collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now where can I find a River of Fire Mnandi??

2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I don't know, but send me the small! :D :D

--SG-- likes this.
  3. nick800

nick800 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Holy mother Thereasa

--SG-- likes this.
  4. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Love them blades, holy moley they are gorgeous, you lucky devil you. ;)

--SG-- likes this.
  5. NCHunter78

NCHunter78

Feb 14, 2016
    not bad! congrats

--SG-- likes this.
  6. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Absolutely gorgeous! You are one lucky soul!

--SG-- likes this.