Roundhead Euro-Barlow

tmd_87

Gold Member
LionSteel Knives, any news on the Roundhead Euro-Barlow? Maybe some progress pictures? :);)

I was hoping to bump this thread... very much looking forward to getting one of these in hand. Would be awesome to get a vague time-frame for when we will see these in the wild!

So I guess production is held up due to the move?

The Collector Knives site still says mid-June. As a matter of fact, it's mid-June now!

Isn't that for the Spyderco Shaman or the Viper Storm? Or is there another thread on this knife?

I have the funds burning a proverbial hole in my paypal account...
I have been looking at Case, S&M, and Queen Sowbellies, two handfuls of more inexpensive options like MAMs, Opinels, Okapi's, and Mercators... I am definitely getting impatient, but I know it will pay off that much more once I have the knife in hand.

I am waiting for my Rams horn. I haven't owned any knives in Rams Horn, and I am hoping that I happen to get one that has a really good amount of character to it.

On top of all of this, I am really looking forward to making some slabs for my knife. I have some materials in hand waiting. Natural and black canvas micartas, Very tight and highly figured fiddleback curly maple, curly birch, and spalted birch.

I have my hopes set high for this. I hope it doesn't kick me in the butt. I guess I should remember,
Chi aspettar suole, ha ciò che vuole.

Last edited:
I'd guess it's looking more like July now ;):D
Can't wait to get this one in hand. Making
custom handles is a great idea NJBILLK.

I have the funds burning a proverbial hole in my paypal account...

I am waiting for my Rams horn. I haven't owned any knives in Rams Horn, and I am hoping that I happen to get one that has a really good amount of character to it.

Mine too! I'm pretty excited about the ram's horn for the same reason. The reservations must have changed a lot because when I first jumped on board, the ram's horn was estimated as unavailable, so I took one in elk. Last month it had fluctuated enough that I was able to switch to the ram's horn.

I've been down for a ram's horn since they were first announced. I've been waiting patiently, but the holdup isn't a real big deal, I guess. I mean it's not like it's a "I'm down to my last roll of toilet paper" crisis.

Important update! The Barlowe's ETA has changed:

Expected release: May 2017 - Mid June 2017 - Anxiously Waiting

I think this is a good thing....

Resurrecting an old thread, but I have a question about the Roundhead.

What are the differences between the gen 1 and 2 releases. From what I can find, (I think) the first release included a pocket slip sheath? Can someone confirm? Anything else, and is there any way to tell by inspecting my knife which I have?

I picked one up second hand and I'm curious. Mine appears to be a very good example, centered, snappy, and no flex or blade play. I really like it, but would like to know.

Thanks in advance
TR

TR...

The pocket sheath was supplied on the 1st simply to individuals that placed pre orders until supplies ran out....so no that wasn’t the difference...the real differences being a slightly narrower blade grind and a slightly larger sharpening blade notch...the sharpening notch being the only way to tell them apart

Mine came in a few days ago....I know this is late to this thread but wanted to mention how much I like it. Great knife.

My first Lion Steel too.

Back