Gold Member
A good combo, Tourist and Northfield Barlow:thumbsup:
2ke5Lw.jpg

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Hope everyone had a Happy Memorial Day.

Churchill / Pioneer...
mgloEsh.jpg

...but I missed having Vic scale tools with me, so tomorrow it's back to my Sportsman and...
Nice James, love the ALOX but like you I like and use the scale tools...now the Churchill, in my opinion, one of GEC's best:thumbsup:

SAK's have to be of the best accompanying knives ever, well at least and my book:) On their own or paired with another knife, just feels right:thumbsup:

Here's my duo today:cool:
Zxelab.jpg

CSG

As I don't really rotate, I'm typically good for only one post in threads like these (which I made upthread) but I just had to say, that GEC Churchill redsparrow posted is a damn sweet looking knife.

I only carry one SAK on my person 99 1/2% of the time (was an Ambassador, now, an Executive -scale tools are a must for me). As to the paired knife, for many years (over 30), it was a Buck 501, then, the last ten or so years, a Mini-Grip, and since last month, the uber cool 535-2 Bugout.

redsparrow

Gold Member
Nice James, love the ALOX but like you I like and use the scale tools...now the Churchill, in my opinion, one of GEC's best:thumbsup:

SAK's have to be of the best accompanying knives ever, well at least and my book:) On their own or paired with another knife, just feels right:thumbsup:

Zxelab.jpg
Paul, the Alox / Cellidor dilemma is very real in my life.:eek: It's never been fully resolved but most of the time I satisfy my basic pocket tool need with a Rambler (cellidor) carried with a Farmer (alox). :thumbsup::thumbsup: It gets a bit complicated when I can't resist carrying one of my favorite traditionals like the Churchill or Possum.
The axis lock Benchmade looks like the great companion to couple with a Vic. Can I ask which models those are? Looks like a titanium Bug out. Love the cub scout emblem.

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Paul, the Alox / Cellidor dilemma is very real in my life.:eek: It's never been fully resolved but most of the time I satisfy my basic pocket tool need with a Rambler (cellidor) carried with a Farmer (alox). :thumbsup::thumbsup: It gets a bit complicated when I can't resist carrying one of my favorite traditionals like the Churchill or Possum.
The axis lock Benchmade looks like the great companion to couple with a Vic. Can I ask which models those are? Looks like a titanium Bug out. Love the cub scout emblem.
I wrestle with the same thing James. I love em both but Celidor was my first and still ranks high on the carry list. I like all colors for the most part but the basic red celidor just looks so good to me. You nailed the Benchmade...titanium Bugout:thumbsup:

Just moved my 84yo mother back to ND after a 42 hiatus. Nice to have her home:):thumbsup: but man moving furniture is a young mans game. I grew up in the furniture business and me and my brothers moonlighted moving people for spending cash. As far as I’m concerned, I’m all done moving people:p

Be well James:thumbsup:

tiguy7

Gold Member
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Hope everyone had a Happy Memorial Day.

Churchill / Pioneer...
mgloEsh.jpg

...but I missed having Vic scale tools with me, so tomorrow it's back to my Sportsman and...
This is a G Sekai Trekker with glue on Titanium scales containing SAK toothpick, pen, and tweezers. These scales will fit a SAK also, but I leaned toward the Sekai because it has a ZDP-189 main blade.

Lee D

Basic Member
I like it Lee, extremely smooth and snappy. I carry it in a leather pocket clip sheath and it just adds to the whole package, although the black leather slip it comes with is nice as well:thumbsup:
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I wanted a little feedback from someone other than the Benchmade fans who drool over everything they make. lol
It’s an eye catching knife, I’m sure I’ll pick one up down the road.

redsparrow

Gold Member
I wrestle with the same thing James. I love em both but Celidor was my first and still ranks high on the carry list. I like all colors for the most part but the basic red celidor just looks so good to me. You nailed the Benchmade...titanium Bugout:thumbsup:

Just moved my 84yo mother back to ND after a 42 hiatus. Nice to have her home:):thumbsup: but man moving furniture is a young mans game. I grew up in the furniture business and me and my brothers moonlighted moving people for spending cash. As far as I’m concerned, I’m all done moving people:p

Be well James:thumbsup:
Goin' back a ways in this thread for this post, haven't been here in a few days.
Red Cellidor was my first SAK love, a Huntsman to be exact, so red it is for me! Usually.
Yeah Paul, I've done my share of furniture moving too. So much so that I was glad to be able to hire movers last August for my latest and hopefully last move. I imagine it was worth whatever it took to have your mom close by.
Haven't bought a Benchmade since they came out with the Mini-Grip. After seeing your Bug Out I dug this one up and carried it a couple of times with an Explorer. Love the Axis Lock. Super combo!

YKKmLRi.jpg

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
fMk3kJ2.jpg

Today, as with most other work days, I carried a BK2 in a homemade left-handed kydex sheath.
The BK2 is mainly used for dispatching roos that have broken there legs in fences or hit by cars in and around the farm. I have also used it on a eastern brown snake in my house :eek:
I find it to be a super reliable, knife. Easy to sharpen and very handy.

Last edited:

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Goin' back a ways in this thread for this post, haven't been here in a few days.
Red Cellidor was my first SAK love, a Huntsman to be exact, so red it is for me! Usually.
Yeah Paul, I've done my share of furniture moving too. So much so that I was glad to be able to hire movers last August for my latest and hopefully last move. I imagine it was worth whatever it took to have your mom close by.
Haven't bought a Benchmade since they came out with the Mini-Grip. After seeing your Bug Out I dug this one up and carried it a couple of times with an Explorer. Love the Axis Lock. Super combo!

YKKmLRi.jpg

fMk3kJ2.jpg

Today, as with most other work days, I carried a BK2 in a homemade left-handed kydex sheath.
The BK2 is mainly used for dispatching roos that have broken there legs in fences or hit by cars in and around the farm. I have also used it on a eastern brown snake in my house :eek:
I find it to be a super reliable, knife. Easy to sharpen and very handy.

Both nice complimentary carries guys:thumbsup:

I carry an identical Grip from time to time James, your spot on about the axis lock:thumbsup:

sonofwilfred (hard for me not to call you by your first name) but I don't drop a first name unless ok'd by the forum member:) But I really like the Becker!!! the sheath, the file work (assume done by you as well)? just tops it off:cool::cool::cool:

sonofwilfred

🇦🇺
Platinum Member
Both nice complimentary carries guys:thumbsup:

I carry an identical Grip from time to time James, your spot on about the axis lock:thumbsup:

sonofwilfred (hard for me not to call you by your first name) but I don't drop a first name unless ok'd by the forum member:) But I really like the Becker!!! the sheath, the file work (assume done by you as well)? just tops it off:cool::cool::cool:
Hey it's ok to call me Dan.
Yes I made the sheath, and the file work on that knife was a practice piece for my son's knife. I enjoy doing that sort of stuff.

Zxelab.jpg
That Ti Bugout is sweeeeeeeeeeeet!